Tuesday, July 26, 2011

And then..........

We spent the next two days geocaching!!!!   Day one - we didn't find too many, and we also DID NOT get a good start. The weather was warm and the sky was clear. We started on one that required a LOT of walking so just Caroline and I went. Well after about 200 M - we were ATTACKED by mosquitos. Too stupid to turn back - we forged on and literally my legs (which were bare and NO bug spray) were covered with bites. This is going to be BAD!!!!!   Then we came to the washed out road (the cache was on an island) and the high river had washed out part of the road. No problem - we can trek through the prickly bushes on the side - I couldn't feel a thing because my legs were protected by mosquitos!!!!   Let's just say that is the least amount of time I ever spent at a cache - thank god we found it quick and then swatted like mad all the way back. We did NOT go for the other cache on the island.


Some we couldn't get to because of muddy roads or high water. Drat - well maybe another day.

The next day - we headed in a different direction and managed to find all on our list except the first one. We searched and searched but no luck. But we were in anticipation of a BOOK EXCHANGE cache. This one was big enough to put books in and we had a couple that we were finished with. The cache was in the most bizarre place but we found it and exchanged our books. I have since started the one I chose and I can't put the darn thing down. That is why at 1 PM last night - I couldn't sleep. I hope to finish it today!!!!!

While we were out - you guessed it - we found a LOT of Subways. They are in every small town.


Subway in Langham

Oh yes  - I have to tell you about my car. I wanted a mid-sized car so I could take the bike back to the airport with me. They gave me a Ford Focus. In my mind - that is a small car and it is small, but we have managed to pack THREE suitcases in the back - Caroline's is HUGE and M's is heavy. What do these girls need to bring for two weeks??????   Anyway - we did try the bike box and it fits so I guess I am OK. But I am thinking that I need to get a new car. I like all the gadgets and gizmos in the car, although I wouldn't buy this one.

Back in the car again and off to my other brothers. Yes - we have spent a lot of time packing and repacking - well the girls have - I travel light. And there was a BIG surprise at my brother's house - the girls were THRILLED.

Meet - HYDRO

Cute as a button

Little munchkin

A little puppy - just 10 weeks old. This is HYDRO. Hydro is a rescue dog (I won't tell you the story - it would blow your socks off). But Hydro is adorable, he is a busy puppy and we just loved him to death!!!!  The girls (well OK - so all of us) were equally entertained by the dog. Kind of makes you want to have a puppy again until you hear him crying in the night. OK - so I was just kidding about the getting a puppy thing!!!!

The next morning we were off to Moose Jaw. I know - I told you I should have kept track of the miles.

After dinner - there was the most beautiful rainbow. It is hard to capture them on film, but we had no problem getting this one.


The right side of the rainbow - it was a double one, but the second one is much fainter

The left side of the rainbow

We found my friends house - a beautiful old house (100 years) in the city and after having a great visit - we were off to bed - it was going to be an early morning!!!!!

Have a great day!!!!
Ciao!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment