Monday, July 18, 2011

Got lazy after I got off my bike!

After breakfast in the University of Calgary residence cafeteria - Kathy picked me up to drive me to meet my parents. We managed to stop at not one, but TWO quilt stores on the way. Got to love when a quilter picks you up.




I managed to find a few things that I did not have. Can you believe that???????

Had a visit with my Mom's friend for a bit (where they had stayed the night) and then we were off. I was now the designated driver as my Dad did not want to drive in the city or the mountains. Hey - I am used to driving a LITTLE car, but now I am driving a TRUCK!!!!!  Not that bad. Then we could NOT get the GPS to recognize the address for the University. Thank goodness Kathy had given me some directions before she dropped me off. I followed those and next thing you knew - there we were. Picking up my luggage which pretty much filled the back of the truck - only because I hadn't packed tight!!!

Then off to the airport to get the girls and then BACK through Calgary to get to the Number One highway to head to Penticton.

I think we cleared the city limits around 4 PM. The girls were pretty squishy in the back with my Dad, but they managed to sleep part of the way and we stopped for a geocache or two, but they were all EARTH Caches.

Earth cache number one

Earthcache number 2


Seems that we cannot get a decent picture of either girl without a face?????   What is with that?????

We stopped in Lake Louise. Yes - I know we had been at the campground, but did not make it up to the lake. Oh yeah - I know now when I drove up that HUGE hill - that would have been fun on a bike!!!!!!


Me at Lake Louise

M and Caroline at Lake Louise (don't they look sweet now!!!!!)

Then off through the mountains. Wow you would not believe the construction through the mountains. It appears that they are twinning this highway which is incredible when you think that there is mountain on one side and cliff on the other.


Stopped at a construction along the highway  - they were bringing in huge trucks of fill from further down where they were carving off the side of the mountain and driving it down the road on the left.
I asked the girls to take pictures as we passed through the rest of the construction and of course they took pictures of themselves!!!!!!



We stayed in Golden that first night. Had dinner and got a motel.

After a great night sleep - I woke up to a dead alarm clock. At first I thought the girls had unplugged it which made me wonder why??????     Turns out that they do all night construction in this area and somewhere along the line someone cut the power line and the ENTIRE valley was blacked out. There were no emergency lights in the hallway and it was DARK. Thank goodness for flashlights and we were off. The girls were NOT happy about being roused that early. We had to wait until Revelstoke for breakfast.


Sleeping

Made great time and arrived in Penticton at lunch. After lunch - we stopped downtown to see my brother at work and then up to the house.

I spent the next two days catching up on my blog and driving the girls around!!!!

Oh yes and Glen (my brother) is a good cook and it seems that we have spent a lot of time eating!!!!


M, Caroline and Devin eating on the deck

Caroline and M - on their computers!!!!   (Can't say anything about that since I spent a LOT of time on mine!!!! - heck I brought the iPad AND a computer!!!)

The kids eating AGAIN!!!!!!
We went to Summerland to get an old stationery motor for my Dad. While the men were busy digging it out from under the deck of Donna's grandmother's house.......

Rescuing an "antique" motor

Pulling the 300 pound motor out from under the deck

The girls were eyeing the cherry tree in the back yard.

Cherries right off the tree - yum yum



Hey - if you stand in the truck - you can reach those higher branches. That's Glen and Donna hiding under the tree and me hiding behind it!!!!


Donna's mom arrived and decided to take a picture of all of us.


 
Mom, Dad, Glen, Donna and Elaine

That's it for now. Catch you later.


Have a great day!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment