I don't have a lot to say this morning. WHAT??? How can that be? Well, it was an interesting day, but it was a work day! So I was working, not snapping photos and creating interesting tales!
The end of the day was hilarious - NOT!!! Just wait for that.
One of our retreat houses has decided to close, but only at the end of June 2028, so they have given us loads of warning. They opened up their calendar for the final six months, and we could sign up yesterday. Thankfully, I had a note in my calendar (got to do that for that bone density pill as well), and as I was looking at my calendar, I spotted it.
I wasn't sure how big the rush would be for those final dates, so I went over to the website, added my preferred dates, waited until it was time, and then pressed SEND. I wonder how many other people did that as well? Later that day, I got a confirmation email for my first choice of dates, so all that is left is to pay the deposit, which I will do right after I finish the blog.
I almost hate booking things that far out because it's a challenge to then work around those firmly booked dates. Because of rising costs and a new system for booking dates at that house, I have only booked four nights, so it won't be so bad to work around it.
I just had a peek at their calendar and almost the entire six months got booked yesterday!!! There are only a few openings!! That's crazy. Thankfully, I was on the ball and put in my dates.
If you are on my retreat list, I will send a note when I get home to update you on those dates. I won't be taking names at this point, but I might. So much can change in two years, so I hate to take money or have a firm booking.
We had some great events yesterday at Northgate Sewing Center - too bad you missed them. I see a few people had signed up and then didn't attend - their loss! Let's face it—yes—these events are there to educate people and entice them to buy, but they are also filled with loads of inspiration and excitement to get home and work on things!!!
I even had a chance to wander around the store at the end of the day, but not for long. I did spot one pattern that I want, and of course, they didn't have it in stock. But I asked and left my name at the counter, and the lady was going to find out if they could order it in for me. Thank goodness I did that!
Then I got to the hotel and realized I had left my travel pouch at the store, and it was about to close. I wasn't going to call them because I really didn't want to be a bother and have someone wait. But just then, they called me! About the pattern. I explained my story about leaving my wallet at the store and asked if they could wait - they said yes, and I was back there in 10 minutes!
How silly. I usually never take that off when I'm anywhere, but I did for whatever reason, which is why I didn't even think to put it back on. It would have been very slim pickings for dinner and breakfast this morning! There is a snack bar in the hotel, and I could have eaten there - I would not have been stuck, but still!! A disaster averted. I am definitely going to order that pattern, and I might just buy one other one in the series. They are super cute.
I looked at farm fabrics to see if any would work on my Down on the Farm quilt. I spotted one, but it's directional and realistic, so I'm not sure it would be appropriate. I don't think I'll get any fabric.
Now that I had money, I was able to go to a restaurant for dinner. It's been a challenge to eat well on this trip because of all the driving and such. I'm very set in my ways, and my eating habits don't translate well when traveling. But I'll manage!
I typically stop at Tim's for breakfast to get my tea, and I spotted this at the local Tim's.
![]() |
| Drive-up bays at Tim's |
Don't get me wrong - I like my phone. DH says he's watching that little report he gets weekly and trying to eliminate his screen time. Seriously? He uses his phone for work - I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon. I think the screen time report is for scrolling!!!!
But anyway—when we give these "smart" devices to our kids, especially at very young ages, we are in trouble. They start to look inward, not outward, and it's just not good.
I scroll more than I would like, but it's not excessive. I have a few people I follow, and I like to stay "in touch" with total strangers!!!! But I also use my phone to read books. That is my biggest use of my phone!! Although last night at the restaurant you would have called me a liar. I spent the entire time catching up on texts and having conversations with several people while I ate. What I really wanted to do was listen to a chapter or two in this book.
I managed to listen to a couple of chapters last night and this morning, and I'm now down to four hours. I won't finish the book until I'm home, but I might listen to the book on the plane. Although I find planes noisy with jet engines, unless I wear noise-canceling headphones, it's hard for me to hear the details. But I have some time tonight, and before the flight.
How the heck is the lawyer going to get out of this bind?
And tomorrow is the final leg in this trip. I am already checked in. The flight is VERY early in the morning, which is great because I'll get home just before lunch. But for some reason, I booked this flight slightly differently than the others. It's not a big deal, but it happened. I will make my 35 K status for the airline tomorrow.
But for some reason that flight was in my head last night and I had a dream that my seat on the plane was a plastic stool with a cushion! Yep—that will meet the safety guidelines just fine. And then, for whatever reason, my brain was really muddled over this. I was at a fairly small event with a certain president. WHAT? And it was bizarre. OK - my brain was in overtime last night!
But all is good - I'll get in a chapter or two before I need to head out to work. And I'll go for a walk when the day is done.
On that note - I'm out of here!!!
Have a super day!!
Ciao!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment