OH MY!!!! It's not that I don't want to take those meds -- that particular one is just not working in my schedule! BUT -- I did accommodate it yesterday by eating later, so I think that is the best temporary solution. And when I book the physical, I'll mention it to the doctor so she can prescribe the non-restrictive medication next time. I think she wanted to do another bone density so we can see what's happening as well.
I got some emails yesterday about missing confirmation emails for upcoming classes, and will deal with that today. And YES—there will be a confirmation email for the scrap class as well.
Our girls are pretty silly. This is Lexi in the morning, and that pilot light is still on in the fireplace, so it gives off some heat. It's not cold in the house - cool but not cold. Doesn't she have a fur coat? What will she do in the winter?
 |
| MOM - My butt is cold! |
This is the situation I had to deal with yesterday. Both of those tables are being replaced, and that is a lot of heavy stuff to move - well, find a temporary home for, then pack up the tables and put the new ones in. Thankfully, there is very little crap on the tables, so it was all machine stuff.
 |
| All this has to go! |
Pretty soon, the two work tables were gone. Of course, Miss Murphy was there to guide me and did not move until the one table was in place. Seriously - I had to step over her, but I wasn't going to move her. Then I got the Swiffer, and then the vacuum, and I cleaned the floor. I also did some spot washing, so it's all clean.
 |
| The two work tables are gone. |
Next I moved the new table into position. Yes—I'm not a fan of that extension cord on the floor, and when I get one more electrical item (it's taking a long time to order, which I plan on finalizing today), I'm getting the electrician to come back and at that time, there are a few other things that will get done, including the installation of a plug in the ceiling so the cord can drop down and not be unsightly on the floor. Don't worry about a cord hanging from the ceiling because I have a decorative table rod that can disguise the cord. It will look just fine.
 |
| The new table in place |
While the angle of the table in the photo above and the angle of this one aren't the same, you can see the table at its lowest (above) and highest (below). Good grief -- a very tall person could work at that table. I wouldn't be able to work on it at that height. But it is sturdy as a rock! Even at the highest height.
 |
| The highest height |
And thankfully, I went with the table width I did, as the embroidery machine fits like a glove. That was the big issue in finding a new sturdy table - I needed a width of 30" (the width of the old tables), and everything was 24", which is too narrow for those big embroidery machines. It seems to be a wee bit shorter (it's not) than the previous table, but once I get to do some embroidery, I'll get everything settled in place. The second table I'm replacing is 12 inches longer than the new table, so I'm going to miss that space, but I have a plan to accommodate it.
 |
| The embroidery machine on the new table! |
I carried all the components for the next set of legs downstairs and got DH to help me bring the tabletop down. That helps clear some of the crap in the garage, but it's now filled with packaging. I need to get cracking and break down some of the boxes, so I have room to walk. And continue sorting the stuff and get a load to the recycling depot. But all is good!
 |
| The second table top is ready for assembly. |
I did not get any work done on assembling the second table, and I hope to get that done later this afternoon, although I also have to return that light.
Speaking of garbage and recycling, I don't understand how the city lets this happen. It looks like a bedroom and a dining room were just dumped on the edge of the street. Surely the city charges for this to be picked up.
 |
| Why bother calling a junk service - just dump it! |
I know when I take garbage to the Community Recycling Center (it takes garbage and recycling) that I get charged by weight. No charge for recycled items. So hopefully the city adds this to their taxes, or do they just get away with it? I could not do that.
I had a walking errand in the afternoon, and that's when I spotted all that furniture. I stopped to browse in a store along the way that has a lot of artwork, and I spotted these two items. Speaking of donuts!!! This is 3-D wall art depicting donuts!!! I guess if you like donuts, this is a cool piece of art. It's very modern/contemporary and is actually quite nice. As long as it doesn't encourage you to eat donuts. I have a love/hate relationship with the definition of modern and contemporary, especially when it comes to quilts!
 |
| Donut art! |
This is the second piece that caught my eye. What does it remind you of? Yep—the printer trays that are probably becoming harder to come by. I have one for my thimbles above my desk. The art in this one is behind glass, so you leave it as is - or you could take it apart and personalize some parts of it.
 |
| New printer tray art |
We had a Virtual Retreat yesterday afternoon/evening, and I am so thankful for all the ladies who popped in to chat. I set up a spare table so I had a surface to work on as I removed the paper from my Tequila Lime quilt. That is a long, boring job, and I thought I would never see the end of it. Thankfully, others were doing boring jobs (and some fun jobs) while we all chatted.
 |
| Removing the paper from Tequila Lime |
Periodically I took the quilt top outside and gave it a good shake to remove the loose bits of paper. I was down to two and a half star points, and I was about done for the day. But we still had an hour and a half to go, so I persevered and VOILA!!!! All the paper is gone!!!! I finished shortly before we closed down for the night.
 |
| All the paper is removed! |
After ripping out the majority of the paper in an area, I took my tweezers and a pair of hemostats and removed what I could from the tight corners and seams. It would take years to actually remove all the tiny bits, so I'm calling this DONE!
Now I can add a final border to the outside, find some backing, and make binding. Then it gets moved to the "to be quilted" pile. This one is on my Visual To Do list, and I'm not sure I can get it quilted this year. I was hoping to try one of the custom-made designs for it.
Here's an example; it's a digitized program you plug into the long arm computer.
I need to get my butt in gear and get back to the long arm. Tabletop today and long arm tomorrow. Both need to be done by the end of this week!
And this was the mess on the floor when I was done. The garbage was overflowing, and I just let the paper fall where it did. I'll clean that up this morning.
 |
| The mess from removing the paper |
OK—I'm feeling energized again to get back to work. I have Down on the Farm to assemble, and I haven't touched my UFO at all this summer, so I have no time to be slacking off. I also realized that if I want to use the design boards for the backdrop for my Facebook Live next week, all those T-shirts are on them. Yikes—I need to deal with that too. But I have a Plan B for that area, so I may not have to move them. Still, I need to get working on that quilt. It's also on the Visual To Do List.
I can tell that unless a miracle happens, not everything on the Visual To Do List will get done. But you know what? I'm OK with that. So far this year, I've made excellent progress, and I'll keep working on those items. It gives me focus, and I've also made a lot of new things for work or whatever. I'm doing just fine!
It's Monday morning, and I need to get my butt to the gym. I need to incorporate some fat-burning cardio back into my schedule. I miss the spin classes for that, and well, it doesn't take much for fat to appear if you are doing nothing to combat it! As you all know, it's a constant struggle.
And on that happy note -- it's going to be a GREAT day today.
Ciao!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment