Monday, July 2, 2012

Kaylee ONE - That Lady - Zero


Mom - can I stay ONE MORE DAY??????    Mom MOM MOM - PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I am having so much fun here. And I have the routine down 100%. When I woke up this morning, that lady was already down stairs working!!!   I didn't even hear her get up. And then I came down stairs and flopped into MY bed and went to sleep until it was time for the walk. Mom - I learn so quickly!!!!!

Yesterday I wasn't so sure I wanted to stay. That lady went to the store and bought something (peroxide) to wash me off. Apparently she didn't like my new smell. Then to save making a mess in the house, she decided to wash me outside. WELL!!!!    The indignity of being washed and outside like a CAR!!!   I am more worthy than that.

I don't really like baths - I like water, but not when someone is dumping it on my head. Then she took the HOSE - MOM - the garden hose and rinsed me off. Well - I was upset. I shook once and then bolted INTO THE HOUSE. That lady thought she was so smart - she shut the screen door, BUT I KNOW HOW TO OPEN THAT DOOR. And when I got inside - I shook, not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES. That lady just didn't know what to do. She was yelling at me, she was telling me to get outside, but I was having NOTHING to do with her.

And then MOM - I threatened her!!!!   I was standing at the top of the stairs about to run down to her studio!!!!!   Oh boy - you should have seen that lady. She became all sweet and nice - Oh Kaylee - do you want a cookie, Oh Kaylee, come here. HAH - I could see right through that sucking up!!!!!   But I felt sorry for her - I had already made a HUGE mess of the kitchen floor so I decided to come clean. I went outside and dried off in the sun.

Guess what??????   I don't stink no more!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Well just a smidgen. That lady says I need to get hit full in the face by the skunk to learn a lesson. What does she know???

This morning we went for another walk - I love it here. Well we were almost home and that lady was saying - this has been an uneventful walk. No need to take pictures - did not meet anyone  - did not see any animals. Ah - a nice quiet walk. Well except for once when I started barking (in my DEEP DEEP DEEP barking voice) at something. Then that lady came over and made me stop. But we are almost home and guess what I saw????   No no skunks this morning. Nope - a raccoon, and not just any raccoon, but a MOTHER and its BABY. I started to chase the baby and I was barking and running around. The baby was too terrified to climb the tree. The mother started to chase me. Then I chased the mom and it went up a tree. Then I went back to the baby - then the mother came charging after me. I'm barking and that lady is trying to get my attention - like she is as exciting as a mother raccoon and its baby. After racing back and forth a couple of times, I finally decided to listen to the lady and left the raccoons alone. But what fun!!!!!   And that mother raccoon can move FAST!!!!


Mom - see this is the baby raccoon



Well off for my nap. I'm exhausted!!!!!



As you can see - any walk with Kaylee is EXCITING. Can't say she lacks enthusiasm!!!!

Funny how each of the girls are so different and where they sleep in the day time is no exception. Sparky prefers to be outside. A while back she got into a hosta eating competition with herself. I had SIX of the mostly light green (not variegated) hostas. She ATE them all off. One by one she demolished them. At first she just pulled off the leaves, then she proceeded to eat everything like she was a GOAT.

There USED to be THREE big hostas in this bed



And one by one they are starting to grow back. But now Sparky is digging in this other area to make a cool bed to sleep in. She has almost uprooted one of them. There used to be THREE hostas in this garden space as well.

Hostas - eaten, but starting to regrow, except in the hole where Sparky sleeps.

Sammy on the other hand likes to be inside. The princess. And she will sleep with DH or M if they are home. If they are not - she will settle for me. Here she is lying under the quilting machine.


Don't bother me - I'm tired!!!!!

Didn't even move when fluff from the machine fell on her. 

And you would NOT believe the LINT off that machine. Holy cow - I have to Swifter EVERY DAY - well every day that I quilt. Some battings are worse than others and I guess what I am working with right now is fluffier than others. I should take a picture of the dust bunnies - there are a lot. Hope they don't start to fight with each other!!!!

I did a lot of gardening yesterday as well. Gardening - HAH - probably more like weeding!!!!    Amazing how those pesky weeds can pop up so quickly. At least the garden is looking better than previous years. The periwinkle in the front has taken over part of the garden and all needs to be yanked up. Maybe later today. At least the weather has been decent - hot, but not humid and cools off at night so comfortable for sleeping. I love it!!!!


But I have been in production mode. I want to "catch up" if that is even possible. I really really really wanted to shut the machine down for the summer, but I see that is not going to happen. However I am ALMOST done all the customer stuff I said I would get done. Well - that is NOT true - I still have a lot of quilts that I want to get quilted this summer - one for me, some for customers and a couple of raffle quilts. Oh yes - I'll be quilting all summer!!!!!

I was busy yesterday and got not one, but TWO big quilts done.


Customer quilt

Customer quilt



Customer quilt detail - hard to pick thread colour in situations like this - we went with a green - looks pretty neat. 


The best news is that while there are still quilts to quilt, the out going is MORE than the incoming. So that means I am getting ahead!!!!    And if I can just get all these done this summer that I want to - then I will be in GREAT shape come the fall. Just keep plugging away.

Le Tour de France has started. One of THE most exciting sporting events around - well at least in the cycling world.  Hmmmm - do I break my TV abstinence to watch it????   I decided last night to sit down with my embroidery to watch the highlight show. WHAT?????   I couldn't find it - it is on ONLY in the morning. The morning just doesn't work for me - that is my MOST productive time. So I shut the TV off and came down to the studio, listened to an audio book and did more embroidery until I CRASHED shortly after 9 PM. So tired - went right to sleep.

On that note - I am loading another one this morning and hope to be done. Then get one more on today - it is a custom one that I have to finish.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment