Wednesday, July 4, 2012

MY Book of Awesome!!!



You know how it is - we always remember or recount the BAD things in life, but we rarely celebrate those little things that can make or break a day.

Like today - I FINALLY finished a custom quilt for a customer that took forever.

Customer Quilt




I normally do NOT deliver the quilts, but this customer is quite elderly and I offered. When I called her she did NOT sound well and in fact was quite ill, so the delivery is postponed until next week.

That extra bit of SAVED time put me into the best frame of mind. I got busy and did a LOT.

But not before I had MANY phone calls about this picture. Do you see what is wrong????   Well they all said - maybe you did that on purpose so we checked the opposite corner. Nope - looks like a mistake. Hmmmm - could I be clever and say - I did that to see who was watching????   Nope - not that clever. So yes - I have good friends who call to tell me about the mistake BEFORE I even have a chance to quilt it.
Quilt with a mistake


I pulled it out of the TO BE QUILTED pile and it is on the ironing board. I was hoping to fix it today, but that did not happen.


So after my drop off got cancelled, I dug my heels in and got busy. Got the water jug (for the water cooler) filled. And I was getting hungry and needed a snack, but since M is on her HEALTHY kick, I couldn't justify a milkshake. WAIT A MINUTE - McDonald's has oat meal, so I went in and got oatmeal. M was working and that's why I wanted to get something from McDonald's. Otherwise - I don't go. And the place where I fill the water jugs is right beside McDonalds. I HATE TAP WATER in case you are wondering why I am filling water jugs.


Then later when I picked her up from work - we stopped at the grocery store (second time today). Oh boy - when I asked her what SNACKS I should take to the retreat (more on that in a minute) - she opens up some app in her phone with all kinds of suggestions. CRUD - I can't drink anything (too much sugar), can't eat anything  (too much sugar). That kid is making me look bad and making me feel guilty.

But I am VERY PROUD of her. Tonight she made KALE CHIPS. YES - KALE CHIPS. And she made TWO chicken wraps WITH lettuce. This from a girl who WOULDN'T touch anything green and leafy if her life depending on it.

I see I'll be reading labels again. As for the snacks - well I got popcorn.


Then I got busy and cleaned up the kitchen. Found some boxes for the stuff we emptied out of the top cabinets, (still need two more boxes). Washed all the dishes, hand washed all those stupid bras that can't go in the washing machine - what a drag that is, did two loads of laundry, got some of the small blocks for the exchange done.

I mean I was on a ROLL.


Earlier in the day - I was out in the garden and so was Sparky. She is digging that hole deeper!!!!


Sparky's spot in the garden!!!!

Yes - I got rid of a lot of weeds and then I got out my new TOOL for the garden - a whisk. And I was putting the dirt back where it belongs. Amazing how DIRT SPREADS and these steps get all covered. So while talking on the phone to Marian this morning, I was whisking my steps off.


My clean steps - I doubt it will last long. 


And I bought some more inexpensive solar lights for the backyard (well more - I bought some earlier this year). They look AWESOME at night. Yes - the more I do in the garden, I more I like it. It is fun even though I really have no idea what I am doing. Cut, hack, weed - well you know how it is.


Let's see - OH yes - it was time for the yoga class tonight. Yikes - the heating system is finally working. If you think it was hot outside - that was NOTHING compared to the temperature in the yoga studio. The sweat was pouring off of me during the class. I could barely contain myself from running out of the room just to escape the heat!!!!!    But I do feel great and I did NOT run out of the room. I restrained myself.

Well as you read this - I will be on my way to a quilting retreat with a few of my friends. I have packed up (way too much I am sure), but I am so ready for this retreat. I can't wait.

I will try to blog but you have to remember that what happens at retreat stays at retreat!!!!!

On that note - it is VERY LATE and I am tired.

Oh yes - one more awesome thing - I did NOT run around today stressed to get things done. It was an AWESOME day.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment