Tuesday, April 9, 2013

RIP RIP RIP

And that does NOT mean Rest in Peace!!!!!!!   It means - get the stitch ripper out and RIP RIP RIP............


I decided that I CANNOT live with that border the way it looked so I decided to rip it out. OH GOD - what have I done?????????   I was already tight for time and now I have complicated things. WHY OH WHY do I do this to myself?????   I must say as I started to rip this morning, the thought crossed my mind to call Jane and withdraw the quilt from the show. Oh - she would be mad. And I would be disappointed. While this quilt could go into another quilt show - the blocks in it were won from the Mississauga Quilt Guild so it makes sense that it go into that show. ACK - OK - so I am just not going to think about it. Just get doing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ripping out the quilt!!!!    I managed to get 1/4 of the quilt apart this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!



On top of all these quilts that need to be done, I have to get my latest article ready for the magazine.   Here is a "behind the scenes" photo of me preparing the quilts for a photo shoot!!!!   M was on the ladder taking the pictures!!!!!!!!!!   This is for those people who ask "what do you do with all your quilts?"  Well I try to keep them all out - or as many as I can.


Behind the scenes!!!!!!!!
Got the HUGE customer quilt DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!   Not just a quilt - but KING SIZED. 

Detail of the quilting

Now for some reason, the customer decided to take the extra blocks (or made extra blocks) and appliqued them to the backing so she could have a reversible quilt. If you plan on doing this - PLEASE PLEASE - think twice. You see that some of the blocks are NOT completely flat. This resulted in tucks on the back that COULD NOT be avoided. While the tucks were not nearly as bad as I envisioned, I still wouldn't recommend this. The machine did catch on a couple of blocks, it was heavy to quilt through (although the long arm had virtually no problem), but it can cause tension issues.



A block appliqued to the backing of a quilt
The backing AFTER the quilting





The Tim's line
 Yesterday was Monday Motivators. For many years, Jackie has faithfully got to Tim's at lunch time. I had to laugh yesterday because there was a LINE to get their order into Jackie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



On that note - I am going to attempt to get a custom quilt done by WEDNESDAY night. Not my strength (speed custom quilting), and I still have to get this other one ripped out and hopefully requilted BEFORE I leave for the retreat. And I DO NOT do well without sleep at my age!!!!!!!!!!!!


Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


PS - Susan - thanks for the tip. Susan recommended getting a journal at the dollar store INSTEAD of buying the SMASH brand journal at Micheal;s. Yes - a lot less money. Well - I have decided to make a SMALL stash of creative tools (Sharpie pen, glue stick and coloured pencils) and a small journal to play with on the trip.

After this crunch is over with the quilts, I am sitting down to think over what to bring on the trip. I'll do it category by category. We've got cycling stuff, camping stuff, electronic stuff, things to do and regular clothes. And I want to be as minimal as possible. I'll take you through the entire process, but right now - I've got a date with a quilting machine.









No comments:

Post a Comment