Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Under repair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Sorry I missed a couple of days. I was at a quilting retreat and well - I just wasn't in the mood to blog!!!   And what happens at retreat - stays at retreat??????   (I will post a few pictures) OK - so I was too busy having fun, sewing, laughing, eating, that I had NO TIME to blog!!!  YES - that is my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!


So if you remember last week or the week before, I posted pictures of a quilt gone WRONG. BIG TIME WRONG and this quilt is supposed to be in the upcoming Mississauga Quilt Show (more on that in a minute) - THIS COMING WEEKEND.

I thought I could just post a note and say "How to NOT quilt a quilt", but then my brain kicked in and said I could NOT display this quilt the way it was looking.

It might not look too bad here, but it was BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1


While others were stitching down bindings, embroidering or just other hand work, I had my seam ripper out and I managed to get all the borders unripped. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Just having that task done made me think I might actually get this quilt done in time for the show.

Came home from the retreat and on Sunday night, I got out my Mega quilter. Installed it in the cabinet and quilted those borders with the THIN poly batting that I took out of that quilt I pulled apart last week.


Requilting the borders on the domestic machine


Something I don't do often - quilt on the domestic machine. Took me a few minutes to get myself back in the saddle on that method  - it has been a while since I used this machine.

I stippled the border - something that I don't like to do, but I needed something loose (although quilting, loose and me - do NOT work together) so this border is quilted a bit more densely than the center.

BUT I got it quilted
Here are the borders redone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



The binding is back ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And last night, I managed to get the binding completely hand stitched down and the label is ON. It just needs a sleeve pinned on and it will be ready. How did that happen?????


I still have three more labels to stitch on, one more sleeve to pin on and then an ENTIRE quilt that needs to be quilted, bound, sleeve and label. I know I know - why am I doing everything at the last minute?????   Well - let's just say that I will be a bit busy over the next couple of days. YES - the quilts have to be delivered at 9 AM on Thursday AM. Not a lot of time, considering, I have to teach Stonehenge today, have my jacket class tonight and booked a facial for tomorrow. Oh well - what gets done - will get done. Pins and fusible tape are wonderful tools for the time challenged quilter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEY - since the sleeve on that hand quilted quilt is TEMPORARY, I guess this means that I FINISHED A PROJECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Now about that quilt show....................


Mississauga Quilter's Guild
DATE: Friday, April 19 (from 10 AM - 6 PM)
            Saturday, April 20 (from 10 AM - 4 PM)


LOCATION: Burnhamthorpe Community Centre, 1500 Gulleden Drive
Cost: $6.00

There is a merchants mall, boutique, tea room, quilts - LOTS of quilts on display.

Mississauga Quilt Guild    (there is a link to a map on the web page)


There are FIVE quilts of mine - you have seen them on the blog, BUT they have never been part of a trunk show (some may have seen them in my studio). so YOU better get out to the quilt show.



Bring your cameras so you can take pictures. Get ideas for quilting, for colour, for designs. It is THE place to get great ideas - I expect to see all of you there (OK - some of you are far away), but those close by - come on out!!!!!!!!!!!!    I will be there on Friday from 10 - 2 - so come out and say HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!


On that note - I MUST get back to work.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment