Saturday, May 2, 2015

Brampton Quilt Guild Quilt Show - TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday was set up day for the Brampton Quilter's Guild quilt show.  Ah - one of my favourite days! It is a lot of hard work - well make that physical work. I don't mind that so much, but after 6 hours - well my leg just doesn't like standing for long periods of time. Yes - I must get to physio!

And yesterday was the first day that I got to TEST the wagon!  I LOVE IT!!!!   I put two big heavy totes in there, a box of bull dog clips, a ladder, my quilt and some other paper and in ONE TRIP - I was in the arena!!!!   Do I love my wagon?  You bet - it was worth every penny!

Carrying stuff into the arena for set up!

Anyway this weekend is the Brampton Quilter's Guild quilt show.
Saturday, May 2 - 10 AM - 5 PM
Sunday, May 3 - 10 AM - 4 PM

Location - Jim Archdekin Recreation Centre - 292 Conestoga Drive

There is a LOT to see:

  •  MORE chunk of the months (the block of the month that I designed) - great way to compare colours, values and quilting designs
  • A couple of Dear Jane quilts
  • Some Bonnie Hunter mysteries - several different years
  • The results of a couple of challenges - amazing creativity
  • There are loads and loads more to see


There are some GREAT vendors from out of town.  Yep - going to be some shopping happening. It is nice to get the vendors from places that we don't normally get to - like Fonthill, Alliston, Waterdown, Waterloo - oh yes - you got to come out for those!



Bring your camera - take lots of pictures - look for some great colour schemes, look for quilting ideas. This is the place to get those ideas!!!!   Nice hand and machine work on the quilts.

Oh yes - we have mini quilts for you to buy tickets on, our big raffle quilt which is beautifully quilted. Lots and lots of stuff to do.  Hope to see you either today or tomorrow.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had Thursday Therapy this past weekend and Oksana was getting herself organized for a gorgeous quilt.

Oksana's first block!

I have been doing some work myself - not much, but some!!!


Binding made for two fleece quilts - I cut the binding strips a bit wider than normal because of the thickness of the material used in the quilts

Bottom insert on my latest Chubby Charmer

I have been trying to get this mystery quilt done for Quilts at the Creek which happens this summer. Sherri Hisey (Border Creek Station) developed a mystery for people to follow along with the idea of having the quilts on display this summer. Typical Sherri style - there are a LOT of pieces!  But I managed to get the 12 main blocks DONE!!!!

12 blocks done!!!!!
 I sewed them together in rows (as per the instructions). I had pressed each row again - according to the instructions. Hmmm - now what? as I had not pressed the rows.  ACK - she wants the seams twirled! Well I love twirling so twirling it is.


The block pressed

The reverse with all the seams twirled


I am almost finished Month 5 and there is ONE last clue to finish the quilt. I haven't printed it yet, but hopefully on Monday night I will do that and then the final assembly begins.

I have to teach a short class this morning and then I will be at the quilt show all afternoon - hope to see you there!!!!!



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment