Friday, May 22, 2015

The end of an era!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I had a great start to the day yesterday. I spent the ENTIRE morning getting paperwork tidied up!  And I made good progress - I was rather pleased.  Time to get some quilting done, but I thought I would check e-mail one more time before I went to the long arm.  ACK!!!!!!!   The worse news!!!!!


So you know that we have been to Quilter's MisBeeHaven numerous times.  Something like 20. Well - the house has been SOLD!!!!!!!     SOLD!!!!!!   My jaw dropped to the floor and I was a mess the rest of the day!

Quilter's Miss Bee Haven


In case you don't know the retreat house - check out this link.    The house is beautiful, but it is the small touches by the owner that really make the place so enjoyable. Judy has done an amazing job of making that farmhoues feel like a home to all who entered.  The house was sold with all the CONTENTS as the new owner felt the same way that we do!!!!   Lucky new owner - it will NOT be used as a retreat.


Wow!!!!   I am still in shock.  I know it sounds like a no big deal, but we have been going there for almost 10 years!  Just became part of our routine!

The best part - we still have ONE LAST retreat to enjoy and enjoy it - we will!!!!   Oh yes --   this last retreat will be very special. You will see what I mean - there are some neat little twists that are happening around that same time that will be a nice tie in to the house.  Sorry - you will just have to wait for it!  It is NOTHING big and means nothing to anyone but me and perhaps one or two more retreaters!


As I got to thinking about dates - I realized that our last retreat will be about the time that my parents move from their farm. OK - so I'm going to be an emotional wreck around that time. I'll warn you ahead of time!!! And pictures of the farm?  Well - they exist but who knows where at this moment.

Wow wow wow!!!!!   Well life must move on and I am already booked for retreats in 2016 at other retreat houses.  No moss grows under my feet!!!!  


So the girls and I were out for our walk this morning and ooops - there is a skunk. He sees us and starts trotting in the opposite direction. I do a quick pat down - do I have my phone with me to take a picture? YES - but as I am patting myself down, I am verbally reining the girls in - we don't want any incidents mere days before we will all be cooped up in a car for hours!!!   The sun is also shining in my eyes through the trees and I am trying to follow the skunk (did I say they move FAST?). First I wanted a picture of him and second, I wanted to see where he went.  Well - I lost sight of the skunk, didn't get a picture, but no one got sprayed either so that was a good thing!!!!!


Anyway - amongst all the paperwork and emtotion turmoil yesterday, i did manage to get ONE quilt done. OK - now I am officially behind and I am not happy about that!!!!!


Customer quilt - DONE!!!!
OK - technically not done, since I have to put the binding on this one. That will be for later today when I attempt to put the binding on my own quilt that still needs to be trimmed.

Got another pet mat made this morning instead of going to spin class and  I'm trying to get more paperwork cleared up before I leave.

One more pet mat

I need to get a handle on these scraps because I got THREE more bags of stuff last night.


More bags of scraps


Ah - the quilts I will make!!!!!   Got lots more ideas, but I need quick patterns in order to get through it all.


Anyway - that is it for today.   Busy day - trying to clear up the last of the paperwork (well for the moment) and more quilts to quilt.


Have an awesome day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment