Monday, May 25, 2015

Less than 24........................



People often tell me that they have no idea how I get so much done in a day. They get tired reading my blog!  Well - these last couple of days I too am wondering - just how did I get all that done!!!!   It's been a brutal schedule with trying to get quilts done for customers and teaching classes.  However the good news - all the classes are done until July!  And there is ONE quilt left to quilt today. I never revealed how many quilts had to be done because I wasn't sure how many I could get done, but I was hopeful and all got done!!!  (except the one waiting and it is on the long arm)


So here is a bit of what I have done over the last couple of days as far as quilts go............

Customer quilt - DONE!
 I do believe this pattern is by Quilts by Jen.  A lot of Canadian symbols and of course made with Northcott's Quilts of Valour fabric.    Oh my - looking at the Northcott page - I found this.

20867-12


and this................


20868-12



I want (OK - NEED) some of both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I think it comes out in September.




Back to the customer quilt, I quilted it with a maple leaf/swirl design.


Quilting - maple leaves and swirls

The back that I had to join

Customer quilt - DONE!
 This is the mystery quilt from Quilts at the Creek in case you are making it!  Ooops - well now you see what it looks like!!!


I am always talking about thread colour. If the tension on your machine is working well - you can use two different colours and have no issues.

I like to use the same type of thread for all the quilting I do. The tension is set and it is pretty much perfect every time.


Pale yellow on the front

Grey thread on the back

Customer quilt - DONE

This is another Border Creek station pattern - but not a free one!!!



Yesterday morning this was the stack of "stuff" that still had to be dealt with before I leave. The stack is considerably smaller now, but there are still things to deal with. Fortunately I will be taking my laptop with me so I will be able to do paperwork while I am away.  I don't want to do any, but some will have to be done!!!!


Paperwork to be done!


And my kid was looking out for me the other day. Look what she found at Micheal's...............    Thanks M!!!!!!


Fabulous note book!!!!!


The other day, I was in Google Maps to look for something.  When I opened the page - I noticed the name of ONE store on the map. Ruti's Needlebed. How did that happen?????  


Ruti's Needlebed - right in the middle of Google Maps



Now a heads up - there is less than 24 hours before I leave for vacation. And I will be on the road for a couple of days so don't expect to get a blog update. I will be posting updates on Facebook - I will try to figure out to do mobile updates to the blog.   I just downloaded the Blogger app to my phone. Fancy that!!!!   I can do mobile updates - quick ones with pictures. Yeah me!!!!!

And just when I thought everything was OK with the iPod transfers - I went to transfer another book this morning and CRAP!!!!!   I downloaded the book - transferred it to iTunes and then do you think I could get the dratted thing synced to the iPod. Nope - didn't want to happen. However I took a break, came back and then somehow dragged and dropped?  and it started to sync.   OK - so perhaps I need some more practice.   I MUST download another Linwood Barclay book. Someone lent me one of his books and I started to read it yesterday.  Just can't stand at the long arm for too long before my leg drives me crazy, so I take some reading breaks!!!!    His books are page turners from the very beginning.   He is local to our area and well - I must go and find another one. I love them!!!!!


On that note - I am out of here.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That Canadian quilt is amazing. I love the pattern and the colours. Beautiful!!! Happy vacationing!

    ReplyDelete