Monday, October 22, 2018

And then this happened...............


I was making very good progress yesterday and then I had a glitch.

You see the audiobook I was "reading" stopped. I was almost at the end. Chapter 24 of 26 and there was a glitch and the audiobook stopped working. I tried to rewind. I tried starting at a different point, but each time I got to that point in the book - it stopped. Now, why is that??  How can there be a glitch in an audiobook on your phone?

I was so on a roll with the sewing that I had to load another audiobook and listen to that. I didn't even check my lists, I grabbed a James Patterson and I'm listening to that. I have the other book (the one with the glitch) on request from the library. OK - it's at my local branch and I requested it so some person is going to go to the shelves and get it for me!  Well since we have self-checkout, we need to give the librarians something to keep themselves occupied.

That's the first time this has happened to me. I've had issues with tapes and CDs but I wonder why the audiobook stopped working?

However, there is good news from yesterday. I should say that there is good news and there is bad news.

The good news is that the customer quilt is off the frame!!!!!


Customer quilt - DONE
I just need to find the time to trim the quilt and get it ready for the customer to come and pick up.

The backing for the magazine quilt got made and it's loaded on the long arm waiting for the top to be finished.

The top is made of 6 huge blocks (each of which is made with 4 blocks). Almost all the smaller blocks are made and I finished one of the huge blocks and put it on the wall. Hmm - there's one fabric that's out of place. It's too dark!!!  GRRRR!!!   I'm working with a very limited palette (a strip pack) and I thought I was OK. And I was, except for this one piece. So I've ripped some of it out, got the new pieces almost ready to go and that'll have to wait until tomorrow as I won't have time today. Actually, I'm in a meeting most of the day so while I'm listening, I'll be ripping.

No Monday sewing today. Our space was commandeered for the election. No worries. I couldn't have attended anyway. And thankfully I voted last weekend so I don't have to worry about fitting that into my schedule today. Remember that voting is a very important process of our FREE society. Many countries don't get to vote and it took a long time before women could vote. Get out there and make your mark!!!!

At one point while I was working yesterday, I got the bug for organizing. It always happens when I'm super busy. I was looking for one thing in particular but do you think I could find it? OK - so I'm an idiot. I've looked for this color chart before and couldn't find it. Yet it does have a home.  So I'm a totally blind person - I just found the color chart. Sitting right in front of me where it's supposed to be. Literally six inches to the left of my computer screen.  How could I miss that?? All is good now.

In the meantime, I unearthed all these magazines and so I sorted them. There are some duplicates to the ones downstairs so I'll figure that out and then get rid of the rest of them.



Magazine sorting


I need to read those magazines at a much faster pace than I'm currently reading them. There just doesn't seem to be time. I guess I'm going to have to retire soon so I can get all the sewing and reading in that I need to. It's not that there isn't time, it's just that I'm reading other things in the time I've allotted for reading. I want to read EVERYTHING. I was that way when I was a kid. I'm very much an obsessive person. I wanted to read EVERY book published when I was young. I had no idea.

As I'm working, I'm thinking of those UFOs for 2017 and 2018. I did dig out five of them yesterday and they are now safely tucked into a bag for the upcoming retreat. Yes - Shelly - including the Kaleidoscope quilt that Bear was sleeping on. If you read Lexi's blog the other day, you would have seen that. Here's the picture for those that missed it.

Bear sleeping on the Kaleidoscope quilt top

 These five projects just require some piecing. There are two more that probably need an hour or two at the most to finish. I'm going to aim to get those ones done this week at Sit n Sew. There are a few that will get carried over to 2019. I'm OK with that. I've made progress on these ones and finished a ton of stuff besides so I'm very happy with the results. I just don't want these big projects to keep getting shoved to the back burner. I've already got two selected for 2019. I haven't written them down yet, but I'm working my way mentally through what's on the shelves. I will get those big projects done! The more I do this, the more I'm in control.

Today is going to be a long day so I'd better get started.

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!!

2 comments: