Thursday, February 28, 2019

One day at a time


Thanks to those who suggested I start using the cloud to get access to my pictures. I know there are ways to do that. I need to investigate. One more thing to learn, but it would be a good thing. Perhaps this afternoon.

Can you believe that I have FOUR days with NOTHING scheduled? Four days????  OK - I have yoga tomorrow and a fun thing on Sunday, but I don't have to go to either of them if I don't want to. Yes - four glorious days. What will I do?? Oh - there's lots to do - trust me.

I did pick up my computer yesterday, but I didn't get the darn thing hooked up yet and then I remembered that I have to install my software programs before it'll be much good to me. So I did take a couple of pictures and I'm going to get them uploaded to the blog this morning if it kills me!

AHA   - I think I got it. I cheated and e-mailed them to myself (after resizing them to the smallest size) and they are saved on my external hard disk.

So while the house is in total disarray, life must go on. I have things that need to get done - there are looming deadlines. I'm happy to report that in between teaching one class yesterday, I managed to get the magazine quilt quilted. It's sitting on the cutting mat and waiting to be trimmed later this morning. The binding needs to be made and sewn on, as well as the sleeve. I'll be visiting UPS later today to get it out.

Then it's on to the next two projects which also need to be done ASAP. But I've got four days - I should be able to get both of them done in that time frame. That'll take a big chunk out of the deadline quilts I have for this year (so far!).

In the meantime, I'm just plugging away at a project that I call Flood Relief. It's the quilt blocks that I found when the leak happened. The corn and beans blocks. I figured since I spent all that time drying the darn pieces out, I might as well sew it together and get it done.

So here are the 8 blocks (2 of each fabric) that I've completed in my new sewing room. I remember wanting to take these to a retreat but figured they were too complex. Once I got myself organized, they are not bad to sew. What was I thinking before???

Four sets of 2 blocks


Here's the next pair of blocks set up and ready to sew when I get a chance. The stack at the top of the board contains another 8 pair of blocks or maybe it's 7. But there's another huge stack of precut pieces and in the chaos of moving, I know I put them in a bag and pretty sure they came upstairs, but I couldn't find them this morning.

Next set of blocks waiting to be sewn

I guess that'll be on the list of things to do today - find those blocks.

I also took a few minutes this morning and cleaned up some of the mess that is on that long desk in M's room. I really want to use the space, but I have to clean it up first. This is as good a time as any to get it done. Amazing how much stuff accumulates and one just doesn't deal with it. Or it gets set aside for another day. And then BAM - you have a huge mess. Yep - I'm familiar with all that.

I taught a class yesterday - oh - I have some class photos to upload - I'll do that tomorrow.

The snow is getting crazy. I did go out for the first class in the afternoon and while the roads were OK, driving wasn't the best. I did want to get my computer so I made the effort. There was another class in the evening and after driving home from the afternoon one, I decided it wasn't worth it to go out. The roads were bad, my windshield wipers kept freezing up and it's a quilt class. It wasn't worth it.

So I stayed home. Read for a bit and then we went out to shovel the driveway about 8 PM. The snow had more or less stopped by then. Of course, DH was grumbling about all the snow that our neighbor puts in the street. I told him to stop obsessing and keep shoveling.

Then a miracle happened. I was going to take a picture of the mess so I could complain to the city if that snow ended up in my driveway. But the darn plow came around the corner and no time for a photo. I have to say that he was very good. He actually scooped all that snow that the neighbor shoved into the street and pushed it to the other side of the street. As he did that, there was a bit of snow that came in our driveway. I started to shovel it into the street - heck - if she can do that - so can I. Next thing I know, I'm staring at a huge bucket waiting for me to move and the plow driver cleaned the end of our driveway. THANK YOU!!!!!!   I gave him the thumbs up a couple of times. The snow wasn't heavy, but just lots of it. Thankfully it didn't take a lot of time to get the snow out of the way.

For the most part, I'm a pretty patient person, but even I'm getting tired of all the snow and icky weather. Do we just forget from year to year what it was like the previous winter? I mean really - we get snow every winter - we do live in Canada where snow is just part of winter. Anyway - just seems like we've shoveled a lot this year.

On that note, I'm out of here. While I don't have to be anywhere today, I do have lots that I want to get done, including some paperwork that MUST get done.

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!!!!


2 comments:

  1. It's been an over-the-top snow season. Starting Saturday we've had: 6", 16", 14", 6", 7", and yesterday 0. That's not usual here either and we are at 44th parallel Idaho, far south of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy!!!!! Where the heck are you putting it all????? It's a snowmagedden for sure!!!! STay safe.

      Delete