Friday, October 18, 2019

Show n tell


We survived the first day of CreativFestival. While it was busy, it certainly wasn't as busy as I've seen it in the past. But we're not dwelling on the past - we're looking forward. Hopefully, everyone was waiting to come today to see Mary Fons! I see she has a lecture (wine and cheese) at 6 PM tonight about the future of quilting. I might just attend that one since the show closes at 6 PM.

Here's something that's changing. I'm sure that all of you are familiar with Row by Row Experience. Well, it sounds like it's over. And we knew that was going to happen. It just couldn't continue the way it was. So now there's a new thing called Quilters Trek. It looks like a completely different format. I'm not sure even what it all entrails. More details to follow. Row by Row was loads of fun and I guess that's the end of our day road trip to New York! BUT - that's OK. I don't need another kit to add to the UFO pile.

Speaking of adding to the UFO pile, I had to peek at what new stuff Elizabeth Hartman had coming for this Fall Market. OH god - I shouldn't have looked. She has five new patterns. Those koalas and parrots are very tempting. NO - just say NO.

I did get a chance to pop out for a wee bit yesterday. I also got a chance to catch up with some people I haven't seen for a while although I had to leave several conversations hanging! That's for today to go back and finish up those conversations. I have two technical issues and I was able to make headway into getting those repaired as well. Yep - never a down moment when there's stuff to do.

I'm in a very fortunate position. I have access to more technology than I can possibly learn in my lifetime. NO - that's not true. I'm determined to learn it all. I just peeked at my calendar and YIKES - it doesn't really stop until December 1. The days scheduled are not all work, but it's still a commitment. No worries - it's all fun as well. I have now booked a good part of December as sample making days. Days that I cannot change!!! I have a lot of samples to make and a lot of technology to learn.

And my new Samsung galaxy s10 is helping enormously in that. Amazing how dependent we've become on our phones and I don't even play games on mine! Yep - I use mine for sewing if you can believe that! I'll share that with you another day.

Today, I've got some show n tell from our ongoing classes at The Hobby Horse that doesn't fit into either of the two classes.

Here we go.....................


Here's a couple of advent calendars that Sophie was making as gifts. These are darn cute and I've not seen either of these before.



Advent calendar

Another advent calendar

This is Sheila's rabbit quilt. The top is done - at last!!! I'm sure she breathed a huge sigh of relief when she put the last stitches in. It's been a labor of love (for her adult daughter) for about 10 years.


Rabbit applique quilt


Here's another POSH Santa quilt top - done!!! He just needs to be quilted before Christmas. This belongs to Lynne.

POSH Santa

This next one has quite the story attached to it. A friend of Barb's asked if she would make a duvet cover from a panel. JUST SAY NO!!!!!  People who are not sewists have no idea. Anyway, I think Barb did a great job with the Winnie the Pooh panels which she cut apart and appliqued to the blue fabric. Then she made that into a duvet cover. I hope her friend appreciates all the work that was involved.

Duvet cover made by Barb

This finished quilt also belongs to Barb. The pattern was Chic Country by Sew Kind of Wonderful. It was a class we did a while back. Now it's completely finished. I love the colors in the quilt. Nicely done Barb!!!!  I love seeing the finished projects from the classes I teach!!!

Chic Country by Sew Kind of Wonderful


I scurried around this morning to get things prepped to take to the show today. We need ribbons which I scooted out to buy last night. Found matching thread and some background fabrics, needles and stabilizers (we have limited selections in the booth). Since we will probably have some downtime, it's sample making time!!! I'm ready for anything today.

It was great to see so many people yesterday. I did see some people walk by when I was busy chatting - but I saw you! Hopefully, we'll see a whole lot more today since everyone is coming to hear Mary Fons talk - right???

On that note, I'm out of here.

Have a super day!!!!


Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment