Saturday, September 21, 2024

Lost and found!

And now I'm off to something else today! I've got some classes at the Hobby Horse, and I'm packed!!

Poor Murphy—she hasn't been happy with all the toing and froing these last weeks. But I bet she's confused because there is no big black suitcase at the door—just a bunch of tote bags! But she's not budging from the front door because they did not get a walk yesterday, and I think she's mad!


MOM - you can't leave without me! 


We finished the training early yesterday, so I was home at about 2 p.m. However, I was exhausted from not getting much sleep the night before, so I had a good nap. I slept well last night, so all is good today.

To let people in BC know about next week, I'm in Penticton at Black Rabbit Fabrics on Wednesday to offer two lecture/demos, so be sure to check out the store class list to get in the class. I'm chatting about "Getting the most out of your sewing machine" and then machine embroidery, but I'm 100% focused on machine embroidery in the QUILT world. There is so much to say for both!!! 

Then, I'll be at Tom's Sewing Center in Chilliwack and the Surrey location on Friday and Saturday. So be sure to check those stores for details. That one link will give you information on both. One of the sessions covers accessories and the other talks about sewing machines. It's going to be super fun and I've been madly working on new samples! 

The following week, I'll be in Montreal at Salon Quebec, so if you're coming to that, be sure to stop by and say hello! And then that's it for a couple of weeks! I still have some travel for this year, but nothing is solidified yet. 

Once I was up from my nap, I had work to do, so my steps yesterday were pretty dismal. However, I am still ahead on all my walking challenges, so that is good, and I should be able to get back to walking today! I miss the "down" time that helps me work through things, not that I have anything pressing on my mind these days. 

I'm chuckling as I write this next bit because later this morning, I'm going to tell people how they can keep their spaces organized, and my sewing room looks like a tornado hit it! When there is no room on the tables, just spread the stuff on the floor. But see—it's in a nice, neat row, and I have a walkway along the cutting table. Now, in my defense, most of that stuff that came home from the meeting with me is new, and it doesn't have a designated spot yet. 


The spill over


I had some time this morning, so I put some stuff away. It just feels good to do that, and because everything has a home, it doesn't take very long at all. 

I'm also teaching machine quilting today, so I whipped through my samples to find what I needed. That didn't take very long. And it won't take long to put it all away, either! That's the beauty of organizing! 

When I was looking for that quilt top already in the "to be quilted" pile, I was rifling through everything and found these lists I had wanted to find. 


The missing half of my list


It was a list of all the $10 quilt/monthly quilt/sew-along projects that I've done over the years. I believe the first one was in 2001! It's actually a chart so I can track my progress. Not many are finished - at least, not the earlier ones. The list is two pages, and I have the other page in the office. I don't know where at this moment, but this is the second page. I think the list ends in 2015, so there is a LOT to catch up on, but I think I already updated the other half. It'll be fun to note how many of those quilts I've done over the years. There are MANY. I'm going to hazard a guess and say close to 100 by now! Yikes!!!!! Well, maybe 75 -- but I know it's over 50! 

I really think I need to have a Lost and Found list. This would be a list of everything I can't find but know I would like to find. Then it can be a eureka moment to cross it off and also to know how much stuff I can't locate!! OK—I'm a Virgo—I'm allowed to have all the lists I want!

Speaking of which, I need to get my butt in gear and acknowledge everyone signed up for my classes at Thimbles and Things and Spice Market. Yes, there is still room for all of them, so be sure to get signed up. Those classes all start in October, but guess what? It's almost October! 

Bear with me for a couple of days, and I'll get an answer to you! I have not forgotten - just a bit of a lack of time. 

While I was digging some batting out of the batting closet for one of those "to be quilted" projects, I spotted this on the wall. I see it every time I go into that room, but I thought I'd share it with you. It's a collage wall hanging I made many years ago. M and I took a class, and what fun we had that day. 


My collage wall-hanging


Here's a close-up of it. I would love to make more things like this, and it's on my radar. I have the materials, but just not at this moment in time. 

Detail of the collage


I removed two projects from the "to be quilted" tubs and with the other one that I found - already quilted, that's three that have been removed. I MUST remember to update the list, which is easy - I just cross it off, and when I decide there are enough changes, I will print another list. I started quilting one of the projects last night. It's a new learning curve for me, and you'll see what I'm doing in a few weeks. And I'm going to plunge right in and do the other one. As my Dad says -- there should never be a day when you're not learning. Well, that's not what he says -- he doesn't tell us - he shows by example, so technically, he says - I learn something new everyday. 

The last day of the technical training was all about sergers, so I asked lots of questions, took loads of pictures, and made lots of notes. Now I must write that out for my Dad, hoping it'll help him solve his serger problem. Maybe I should take up sewing machine repair as a job! No -- I just like to know how things work, but I'm not sure I want to get that down and dirty with my sewing machine every day

Remember, there is a Virtual Retreat tonight and tomorrow. We also have UFO tomorrow, and I've been getting emails with the homework! I won't elaborate on my project, but I will say it's not done! 

Here are the links. You are welcome to pop in whenever you wish. You can just come along to say hi and then drop off, or you can stay until we close. It's your choice. You can sew, or you can just come to chat! 

Saturday, September 21  --- we start at 6 PM EST. 

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89816483795?pwd=Mjc3M3pvVmZPdjdsQzlHS3Zhck52dz09

Meeting ID: 898 1648 3795
Passcode: 248667


 

Sunday, September 22 - we start at NOON EST. 

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82983517671?pwd=ODdsa1FJenQwdFNaQWFTNGd4bEhPZz09

Meeting ID: 829 8351 7671
Passcode: 117636




And that wraps it up for today. The girls are waiting!

Have a super day!

Ciao!!!!



1 comment:

  1. My city is FULL of dog-walkers for hire. Any nearby for Murphy/Lexi?

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete