I am home! Except for a couple of errands by car, I don't have to budge (unless something comes up) until September 21, which then involves another two silly weeks of travel, packing, and unpacking. But I have not quite four weeks to "lounge" around!
The drive was pretty decent yesterday, although one minute it was raining and the next it wasn't. It was like that on the way there and the way back. But that's OK.
I did require a wee nap on the way home -- just too much going on. Please do not compare your life to mine - it is not glamorous by any means. Packing and unpacking, loading the car or lugging stuff into an airport. Thankfully, this is not an everyday occurrence. I would die!
I'm getting old for this, but yet I'm not. I love being in front of people and telling my stories, and I'm still young enough to handle that!
The more I listen to myself with my stories about machine embroidery and the new PFAFF creative icon 3, the more I love it. I unpacked everything last night, and it's on the right floor of the house. Now I just have to deal with it, and I don't want to take too long because I'll need it for my Facebook Live in two weeks.
The big question will be, "how to condense three hours into one!"
I'll figure it out.
I had never been to Heather Bell's Sewing Studio before, and it was quite the surprise. She does a lot of machine embroidery and so has loads of patterns, BUT if you are looking for batiks, this is the place to go. This is just a small portion of the batiks.
![]() |
| Batiks galore at Heather Bell's Sewing Studio |
![]() |
| Another box of puzzles |
I found this word of wisdom, which is so true. Although I question the brick wall inside the ear. What am I missing?
I'm going to have to sit down this morning and go through some email - I have some email to answer, several phone calls to address, expense reports to fill out, and tidy up where I can.
And I have a couple of things to return from the electrical escapade. I'd better do those today if I can drag myself to the car and drive there. It's not that far away.
By the way, the Facebook Live for the PFAFF creative icon 3 is on September 9. I see it's not advertised on the post yet, but this is the page. I believe it's at 3 PM EST, or maybe it's 2.
There is a Virtual Retreat this weekend, and I'm super excited about that. It will be Saturday evening from 6 PM - 9 PM, and on Sunday from 3 PM to 9 PM. I'll post the links on Friday.
And it's the week for the final call to sign up for my classes. If you or anyone you know might be interested (anywhere in the world works), you can sign up for these classes. Remember - the scrap class is full.
And that's a wrap for today. I must get at least one girl out for their walk by themselves before the cleaning crew comes. It's been tight for time, so they have gone together, which no one likes, but at least they are getting a walk in. And so am I! I'm feeling like a slug!
Have a super day!!!
Ciao!



Honestly, the best way to write a budget is to know what you spend. Since you'll be home for 4 weeks, it's a great time to do that. (we did this back in the 90s and kept it up for nearly 30 years). Our categories: home, vehicles, food-in, food-out, Health, Clothing, Gifts, Donation/Charity, Vacation, Hobby, pocket cash...and a few others I wanted a breakdown on.
ReplyDeleteIt's really hard to "cut" if you don't know where it is going.
YAY for time at home!!!!!!
My interpretation of the word of wisdom is what someone said to me about marriage. You need to not hear everything and not say everything. The brick wall signifies the not hearing everything?
ReplyDelete