Thursday, June 14, 2012

My daughter has been abducted by ALIENS!!!!!


We had a raffle quilt building day here on Tuesday. Sue, Mary, Joan, Yvonne, Lynda, Kay, Anne and myself were busy little bees and this is what we created that day......................



The design wall looked like this when we started.......................

And like this when they left. Yes there is ONE block missing and I really hoped to have it done, but I got caught up with other things.
 Lest you think that we did practically NOTHING that day - those blocks are very labor intensive and while some of the girls worked on these blocks, the rest worked on THESE blocks..............


A FOREST ..................    This is the second place raffle quilt and they got a great start on getting the trees done.


 Then SOMEONE (OK - it was Marian) had asked me for a pattern the other day and I could NOT find it. I am pretty good about putting the patterns where they belong, but OK - there were a FEW that had not been filed. I searched through them, but could not find it. Then I needed to look for another pattern and FINALLY I said - these need to get organized.


Patterns to be sorted and put away

So I am busy sorting the patterns and putting them in their categories. DRAT - there are a LOT of patterns. But while searching through the patterns, I came across a few that are PERFECT for a couple of current projects. Yes - I must go through these patterns on a regular basis to remind myself what is there. A big job to say the least, but most of it is done.  Oh yes - I did find the pattern she wanted and then she asks for ANOTHER. Crap! But I knew exactly where the other one was.


Let's flash back to the PROM party. I noticed that some of the girls were NOT wearing their shoes. And then I got snap happy with the camera and ended up with a lot of SHOE pictures. M was MORTIFIED that I was taking the pictures because some of them still have FEET in them. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!









M's shoes







Ah yes - those were the days when I wanted to wear high heels. Today - I wouldn't even think of it. Too much trouble!!!!   and let's not forget the pain. But I think they need to make those orthopedic shoes in BRIGHT colours for the day when I need them!!!!


So my kid has TERRIBLE eating habits. Oooooops - let me rephrase that - my daughter USED to have TERRIBLE eating habits. She has been improving over the years, but still bought and ate a LOT of junk food. Then a couple of months ago she was approached (at a fashion trade show) by an agency. I know - what now????????????     Anyway after much HOUNDING to us, we agreed to take her to the appointment. She wanted to sign up for their classes.

Oh dear - do we really really want to go through all this???????    We talked, we discussed, we rationalized, we budgeted and finally agreed that she could do the classes. The agency was PRETTY CLEAR - you cannot miss a class, you must be in bed by 10 PM, you must drink 12 glasses of water a day, you must eat breakfast, etc. etc.

Needless to say - I spent a LONG time in the grocery store last night getting SPECIFIC things on her list. Normally she comes with me, but couldn't. Lights have been out early, drinking lots of water, EATING BREAKFAST. My kid- eating breakfast??????    Hold me up - I'm not used to this.    Hmmmm   in retrospect - we should have signed her up years ago!!!!!!

It is NOT going to be easy - EVERY SATURDAY for 10 weeks - DOWNTOWN. And since the class is only three hours - do you stay or do you come home???????   Oh well - if nothing else - hopefully she will pick up a few good habits from the whole process.

And me - well now I feel guilty if I eat something I shouldn't. DAMN those kids!!!!!!!



Well - I have so much to do today - I played hookie yesterday and read my book all day (finished it though) - another good one by Louise Penny. DAMN HER!!!!!   So now I have a custom quilt to get done. And while I don't mind doing them - I HATE when the customer gives me no direction. I should have been more specific when I picked it up. Oh well - I think I got it figured out and it will look just fine.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. My feet hurt just looking at pictures of those shoes. How can ANYBODY stand to actually wear them...and walk without breaking an ankle??? Thankfully at my age I have more sense than to try.

    ReplyDelete