Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Making GOOD progress - DING DING!



One day closer to a BREAK!  I don't think I will be able to load the pictures today as my system is VERY SLOW and I may have to close the photo editor, but NOT before I get the pictures for the quilt show CD (from last year) edited. Oh it is a long story - I'll tell you tomorrow.

Bottom line - I am just finishing up the prep for my class today - had to make a couple of samples and OH CRAP - I guess I started a new project. But it is cute - I'll show you tomorrow.

The binding in on the baby quilt as well as the label. It is currently in the washer. I like to wash the quilts (depending on what they are) BEFORE they are given away/sold. Then people don't freak out when they wash the quilt and it becomes all wrinkly!

Of course my computer is going to make a liar out of me - I only have three pictures and yes it is SLOWLY loading them so I can give you pictures.


Now late last night when I went to sew on the second label (remember I already had ONE quilt that they liked - just had to make a "matching" one). Well I noticed that I spelled the child's name WRONG!!!!    Good thing I noticed BEFORE I sewed it on. BUT now I have to make a new label. CRUD!!!!!!

The quilt I just made - binding DONE, label DONE - DING DING!!!!

Both quilts - didn't have quite the same fabrics, but close enough!!!!


You know that expression - what doesn't kill you makes you stronger???   OH yeah - that is my new motto for working out at the gym. I am SHOCKED at myself - even though I am SWAMPED with deadlines - I go without any hesitation. I really really like working out with the Team Fitness group. This week is demo week so people can try the class out. Wow - what a workout. And last night I went to a pretty intensive yoga class. LOTS and LOTS of stretching. A great class by my least favourite instructor - I actually enjoyed his session this time. He spoke a bit louder so I could hear him and I'm not the only one that has this problem. Am I better at yoga? Well - I don't know, but I feel stronger all over - haven't lost a SINGLE pound, but that is NOT what this is about for me - but inches - oh yes - I think inches are gone. Next week when we start the new THREE MONTH session of Team Fitness - we get weighed and measured - then we have a guideline for our progress (or not!!!)

Now if anyone needs a quilt tester - I have the perfect tester for you.


THE quilt tester!!!!!


Oh MOM - this quilt is so cozy - a little flat though!!!!!   Why they are attracted to the quilts is beyond me!!!!

NO - I am NOT a compulsive hoarder, but I see myself in a lot of the examples mentioned in "Stuff" - which I finished. An EXCELLENT read for everyone - especially quilters!!!!   Randy O. Frost talks about how materialism, marketing have added to this problem. Apparently storage lockers is one of the fastest growing businesses!!!!   People DO NOT want to part with their stuff!!!!!!    Thank god - I don't fall for that marketing stuff and now I haven't bought much in a quilt store in months, plus I can now go to Chapter's and NOT buy anything. I am buying something at Ruti's today, but I need a sashing for those flower blocks and I don't have enough of anything to make it happen.


But my issue is the DAMN magazines. So I went back to Chapter's yesterday in search of that elusive Quiltmania magazine - issue May/June. Yes - the issues are behind because they come from France. Nope - they still have THREE French copies - I DO NOT want the french version. So I drive to yet ANOTHER Chapters'. This is the THIRD one now. (I know - I told you I have a problem). They did not have it. Got home - called a few quilt stores that may have it. Nope - none of them do. NOW WHAT?????   Hey - I am going out west soon and there is the MOST AMAZING BOOK STORE there. I called them. They checked the shelf - Nope - they did not have it either, but let us take your number and we'll keep looking. Ten minutes later - I get a call - yep - they located the magazine in another one of their stores. They are holding it for me until I get there. Shall I pay for that???   NOPE - that is OK. If you are looking for a great bookstore with a different feel from Chapters - check out McNally Robinson.

McNally Robinson


OK - that is it - I have a bit of sewing, a label to make and sew on, a class to teach, the magazine article to finish and that is all before lunch!!!!!    Then LOTS of pictures still to edit for the @##%%% CD.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment