Saturday, June 30, 2012


MOM MOM MOM - it's ME Kaylee. That lady was TOO BUSY to blog yesterday, but I am still here. I'm doing OK. I hope you and Dad are having fun on your vacation. That lady has NOT taken any new pictures of me - I don't know why - I am so ADORABLE. Even the man is talking to me and petting me. Oh Mom - I just LOVE it here.

That lady slept in this morning, but I helped her wake up. It is MORNING - time to get going. Then she stuck her foot out of the bed and I used it as a rubbing post. AH - that felt good.

I am happy to report that I am a HEALTHY dog, unlike the big black dog who has an ear infection and the fuzzy (or should I say FAT) dog who gained THREE pounds since she last went to the vet. Oh Oh - the fuzzy dog is in trouble!!!!!  I hear she has to exercise more and now eats "light" dog food. NO table scraps, although she was complaining that all she got in the past was carrots!!!!  I could show that fuzzy dog how to go for a walk and get LOTS of exercise. The rest of them are SLOW SLOW SLOW. That lady even said I was a GOOD DOG because I come when she calls me. Mom - I really really am the BESTEST dog in the whole world.

Ooops - got to run - I'm going to let that lady write something for herself. Her stuff is just TOO BORING for me..

Whew - Kaylee keeps us hopping for sure, but she is so MUCH CALMER now than on previous visits. But I can't believe she is the same dog that Marian talks about. At our house - she is WIDE AWAKE very early and at home - she barely gets out of bed. My dogs have learned that they don't need to get up until 6:30, but Kaylee - well any time is good, but she is much better than before.

Anna and I went out cycling yesterday morning. What a gorgeous day. We didn't go far, but we stopped half way and had a great chat. In total we did 55K and it was awesome EXCEPT for the road kill experience which I won't go into graphic detail, but I was going to be in denial until Anna asked "did you get splashed" and then I knew I couldn't deny it any longer. Fortunately it wasn't that bad - just GROSS.


Well my energy levels are down these days - just so you know that yes I have down days. I was also restless - not sure why. So I read a bit, quilted a bit, slept a bit. It was one of those days. Also working on the next embroidery block for Winter Wonderland and it is coming along quite nicely.


So last night I decided it was time to get the borders on a quilt that has been hanging around the studio for several months.
Quilt Pattern

The quilt with no borders


This is the fabric I found with the quilt. See - you think there is a lot in the stash room - well there is also a LOT with the UFOs. Not ONE, but TWO potential fabrics for the border. In the end I chose the border print instead of the small quilt blocks which would have had to be pieced. And not ONE, but TWO different fabrics for the backing. 


I got the borders fussy cut and one pinned on - then I lost interest. Oh my - what is happening?????
Just one of those days. But silly stuff like "which border to pick" was enough to stall this project for YEARS.


Thursday night at the guild was the reveal of the Tinners projects. Unfortunately we didn't have enough tables to lay out the blocks for all the tins. DRAT - I wanted to get pictures of them all. But here is mine............


The tin - the theme obviously is Halloween

And here are the blocks - Aren't they cute!!!!!   I love them. There is one missing (remember my tin got "lost" part way through the year. I will wait for the missing block before I put it together. 

And I even got a present in the tin - half square triangles pieces to sew!!!    Thanks Pat

I stop in at Value Village from time to time to check out what's in store. Most times I walk out without buying anything. More THERAPY!!!!   But Liz - well she can go to Value Village and pick up the cutest stuff. Look at the tin she got for me. I love it!!!!!   And she had put a few Asian fabrics inside. Yeah - haven't cut them up yet. Thanks a bunch Liz!!!!!!

Orange Tin!

I've been thinking that my lack of energy is related to dehydration. Yes - we all know we are supposed to drink 8 glasses of water a day. So in light of that - I am trying to spice up my water intake. Plain water gets boring so I started putting in lemon slices.

Water with lemon
Yeah - that tastes better.  The fatigue could be related to the heat, although I don't mind the heat - there is no humidity so far. Or just the fact that I ran around like an idiot for the last month and while I got lots done, I still have lots on the schedule to get done. Or the fact that I still haven't finished that article and the editor is down my neck to get it!!


I went to my local Fabricland the other day to get some elastic for M to make some PJ pants. I noticed the front of the store had big sheets of plywood over it. Hmmmmm - I wonder what happened. Then when I went to the front inside - some of the spool cabinets were gone, some of the display cabinets were gone and there were tire tracks on the floor including one spot where the tile was completely wore down to the pavement. Well have a look at this to see what happened..................


A new way to park at Fabricland


The funny thing is (and you can see it if you look closely at the second photo), there is a sign outside (attached to a BIG piece of concrete) that says Fabricland Customer Parking - she took that with her into the store!!!!!   They are also doing inventory so the store looks like a TORNADO went through it. No one was hurt, but if anyone had of been in the area - well it wouldn't have been pretty.

On that note - I need to finish up something this morning and then get a quilt on the machine.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Kaylee, tell the lady that you are up early because you don't want to miss your morning walk. At our house, you wake up in the evening like your mom, and bug us till we take you out.

    We are having fun doing lots of geocaches. We are catching up to mugglelady! Vermont is beautiful - next time you have to come because there are so many parks, rivers, rocks, and your favorite - rabbits!

    I also found the lady's Christmas present. And no - it's not related to quilting. She is going to be mad because she hates secrets, haha.

    I'm glad you're being a good dog!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete