Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Work work work.....................



When Lifetime first opened, all the classes were open so we could give them a try. I tried Boot Camp which was run by Alwin and I decided it wasn't for me. Too much jumping and cardio!!!!!!   OK - so I am a wimp. I like the slow pace of the one on one training.

Then to use up some credits that I had, I signed up for Team Fitness which is supposed to be one level below Boot Camp - not as intense!!!!  Monday went well - on the eliptical and then some floor work, but lots of people and lots of transitions, but I could figure it out pretty much.

Today was day two (for me) of Team Fitness and we did a circuit on the weight machines and because of the numbers, there were some floor/free weights exercises thrown in. OH MY GOD. I am going to need a nap this afternoon for sure. I have to admit it was a bit chaotic - only because I didn't know all the exercises - there is another newbie partnered with me - maybe that wasn't the best idea.

And Maria needs a TIMER - since I am certain that we did MORE than 45 seconds per exercise. My arms feel like rubber and I had forgotten to eat before I went and that was a BIG no-no. But it is fast paced and there is jumping and cardio!!!!   ICK ICK ICK.

Perhaps I need to go for Team Weight Loss - it might be less intensive!!!!   I just see them on the tread mills!!!!! 

Well - it is fun and nice to work out in a group so I will stick for the month and then see.


Learned how to PROPERLY install the new bike rack on my car. The guys at the bike shop must think I am totally out to lunch. I am sure they get a good laugh out of me.

New bike rack


Now I have to remember that the rack is on the car and that I do not back into anyone or anything as it sticks out quite far.

Took two of my bikes to the shop yesterday. Got to get the touring bike tuned up for its next adventure. Yes - it will be going on an adventure later this summer. Stay tuned to find out the details. And the road bike went in to get a cadence sensor installed. Apparently cadence is a great way to train and I need all the help I can get.

Let's just pray that the rain forecast for this weekend goes away. It is Ride to Conquer Cancer weekend and we DO NOT want rain.


After my errands, I got busy and got another quilt done. (not that any of you will be interested, but there is a BIG difference between blogging on Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. In Chrome, I can highlight MULTIPLE pictures and bring them all in at once. In Explorer, I have to select ONE at a time. Guess which program I use. I only found this out by error when I had the folks in India fix my computer and when I was trying to use Chrome - he said OH - you should use Explorer - so I did and then couldn't load the pictures properly. Basically - you need both!!!!!!


Customer Quilt

Detail of quilt - stitched in the ditch around the stars and stippled the background. Although you CANNOT see that in this picture. It was a pain to stipple because even on the top, I could NOT see the thread.

Here is the quilting



And then I was still pumped and needed something else to do. Got busy with the raffle quilt for the Brampton Guild. Laid out the blocks, decided on what to put in the missing spot - well it will be a flamingo and will NOT go in that spot. I will rearrange the blocks when I get the flamingo done.


OH MY GOD - I forgot to tell you - GUESS WHO IS BACK IN TOWN??????    Not a flamingo, but close - the GREAT BLUE HERON. I caught him browsing the pond yesterday. I don't think he actually went in - I did not see any wet spots on the stone surrounding it. But I startled him and he flew off as I went to the window. They are HUGE. I wish I had a camera. I shall SNEAK up to the window in future to try and catch a picture of him.

There is HUGE coverage of lily pads on the pond, so not sure if that will deter him or not.   OK - back to the raffle quilt.




Blocks for the raffle quilt - Brampton. These are the result of a block challenge. Do you remember which one is mine??????    


Credit to Marian for providing photos of tropical quilts and I got the idea of the flamingo from them. Then I was searching my patterns last night for something for her and VOILA - I found, not one, but TWO patterns with flamingos on them. Now to add some palm trees or whatever and another block done. Did NOT find what she wanted ........................yet.

Then I got busy pressing and trimming those square in a square blocks that I sewed on Monday and the quilt is starting to come together. Sorry - no picture AFTER they were all trimmed.


Cornerstones in place


Wait until you see the sashing. It is pretty cool too. Making good use of the left over fabric.


And for the retreat ladies (doing our retreat exchange) - you will be happy to know that while I was searching through the patterns - I came across some ideas for Pauline's blocks. Even did some of the work and MAYBE - just MAYBE I will be done before Sunday when it is time to pass to Carol. Yes - there is hope for me.

Got another block done for the Halton Hills Raffle Quilt as well - I'll take a picture tomorrow.



On that note - I've got to check the backyard - the heron only comes in the morning. And then I have a quilt to trim and another one to get done today.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment