Friday, October 31, 2014

Respect for the customer's time?


The best laid plans - well I had so much hope for yesterday and I guess in retrospective I did get a lot done.  Just not as much as I would have liked.

You remember my situation with the cable company?   Well - it wasn't over!!   I was on the phone not ONCE, but TWICE with them yesterday.  I mean - seriously!!!!    They would tell me one thing and so I think it is all fixed and then MIL calls to say - STILL NO CABLE.  Finally after two more phone calls - about 4 hours in total (over two day) - the problem is resolved!!!!!!!!   It turns out that someone in her building was moving and they thought it was her.  But the time and effort to get it corrected was crazy!!!!!   Just bugs me that they can't fix it and then call me back - NO - I have to be on the phone with them while they talk to me - put me on hold. Drives me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then I went to buy a camcorder yesterday.  I looked a bit on-line but no idea really what features I want and well - I just thought it would be so simple - walk into a store - ask a few questions and I could walk out with one.  NOPE - I wandered around the store, hung around the counter for about 15 minutes and NOT a single soul came to help me.  All the associates were busy doing - god knows what. I walked out.  I don't have time to waste.  I want a camcorder so may go back today????  

And last, but not least - I got a call from my friends in India for my computer.  I give them access to my computer - they run a program to check for viruses and anything that needs to be corrected.  I have to say - they DID NOT try to sell me anything this time. They usually do and it drives me crazy.  No sales pitch yesterday although I did ask that my computer be upgraded to Windows 8.1 and they need to send me a disk for that.  Ooops - you live in Canada?   We can only ship to the US.    Seriously?????   Anyway - the other thing that drives me crazy about these guys - they have access to my computer, but NO - "I" am the one who has to do all the clicking.  They circle the box and then say on the phone - click, minimize. Really - would be so much faster if they did everything.  

So you see - I "wasted" a lot of time yesterday, but I did get things done including getting my leaky tire repaired which involved more wasted time as I waited for a ride to and from the garage.   Through it all - I held my cool.  I just laughed - really what is getting mad going to do.  Ooops - I was mad and I told the cable company that I was mad. But I didn't rant and rave and I didn't yell.   Oh my gosh - there is hope for me after all.

Despite all that - I did manage to get a customer quilt done.


Customer quilt - DONE


I got another one loaded - well half loaded to work on later today or tomorrow. I can see why these customers didn't want to quilt these quilts themselves - they are HUGE.  But the quilt above? - I don't think I have ever seen a quilt that was so PERFECTLY rectangular.  It was PERFECT!!!!!  Just one little bubble near one side that quilted out very nicely.  She certainly measured her borders!!!!!


On that note - I am late (had to take M to the GO train as her car went in for servicing this morning). So I have a LOT of work to do. It is my turn to blog on QUILTSocial next week and well - I have a lot of work to do today.  But it is all fun so let's crank up the tunes and get to work.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment