Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Anticipation is more painful than actually doing!!!!


Great workout in spin class and I even remembered to get there for 6 AM.  Then breakfast with the gym friends and Maria has convinced me that I will NOT be able to work out the knot in my IT band (leg muscle) and I should seek therapy.   NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!    I don't want to go because it is going to hurt to the point of tears!  But I think she is right - stairs are becoming a big problem and even as I sit here - it is throbbing pretty bad and the pain is spreading up and down my leg.  OH - I need to just suck it up and make that call and get the treatment started.

I am happy to report that I made as much progress on one of those MUST DO projects last night.  Now I am waiting for someone to get back to me - then I can move onto the next step.

And I am even happier to report that I am DONE the second MUST DO project.  But not without issues and they were all mine!   A result of NOT THINKING and I will blame the early hour for that.

I got the BIAS binding on that curvy table runner. Yeah!!!!!   Because of the way I did the bias binding, one end is already on the diagonal. When I went all the way around, I like to get a neat join, so I laid the strips on top of each other, a slight overlap and then I cut.  Oh that was easier than I remember. I normally do not work with that diagonal end.

OOOPS - I don't think that is going to work!!!!!!!!!!  I should have opened up the strip on the left to cut!!!  DUH!!!!


Yep - that is why I don't do it this way - because it is hard to figure out exactly where to cut!!!!


So I had to rejoin the piece I had cut off and then............


I made the diagonal end STRAIGHT and then did the overlap method and joined like I normally would.  Worked like a charm.  In the early morning (or any time - stick with WHAT WORKS!!!!)   Yes - I am the first to admit that it is hard sometimes to teach THIS old dog new tricks!!!!   But if it works - why try to reinvent the wheel!!!!

Can you see the TWO joins here?????   The one where I had to add the extra piece back and then the final join????  NOPE - you cannot. or barely.  No one will notice when the binding is hand stitched to the back. 

And look at that nice neat corner on the easy side of the table runner

This one is not quite so neat - it is a VERY sharp point. Once it is all stitched in place - I don't think it will look too bad, but way better than I envisioned it would look like. That was my stopping point - I didn't want to do those two corners and they weren't bad at all. 


Funny how we build things up in our head and then we actually get there - the situation isn't nearly as bad as we thought.  Hmmmm - if only I thought that would be the case for my leg.  I know from previous experience that it is going to be painful - no if ands or buts - it is going to HURT!!!!!


Got to run and try to get some work done on that third project. But have a look at the basket of bicycle fabric - Yikes!!!!!!!   Still not all in here - better get making bike quilts!!!!


Bicycle fabric


On that note - I am out of here. Got big adventures today.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a foam roller to use on your IT band? It still hurts like heck, but it does help (if you use it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suffered on and off for years with IT band pain. Finally find a physiotherapist who treated the underlying issue of the tibia being rotated forward. A couple of months of taping and a year of strengthening my hips and the problem is resolved. It was a lot of work, but worth it.

    ReplyDelete