Monday, September 3, 2018

It’s a Small Town! Part Two

I found a lead for getting rid of some of the Fortrel. We’re in discussions. But did you see the quilt that Victoria Findlay Wolfe made of her grandmother? I do believe it’s all made in Fortrel. Her grandmother was very instrumental in Victoria learning to quilt. It’s beautiful. Let me see if I can find a link. I don’t see anything on her blog, but the photo was on Instagram. If you have access - check it out.

I do want to do something with the Fortrel just because it was a big part of my Mom’s life for years. But I think I’ll stick with a jelly roll rug.

Oh my - this is short today. I’m having a great visit. Once I got my head together, it’s been pretty productive and pretty stress free although there are frustrating moments, but that’s going to happen anywhere.

I shouldn’t tell you this but I’m having trouble with my flight home. OH - I have a flight and all. I arrive back home at 5:34 with a checked bag that I don’t normally have. But guess what? I have a class to teach at 6:30. You can see that we have a slight problem there. I either booked the wrong date for coming home or I didn’t see that class. Either way - I goofed. I called Air Canada yesterday to see if I could change to an earlier flight. Well, yes you can, but at a cost of $450.  Seriously?? That’s highway robbery. I don’t get that. So I’m going to try and go standby (still going to cost, but not as much) on that earlier flight. I’m still on the fence about the checked bag. It will be so much easier without it. I might leave the stuff here until I come back or just pay to ship it home - I would have to pay for the baggage as well. That might be better. OK - got to repack the suitcase today to see what can be done.

And that’s it for today.

Have a great day!!!


Ciao!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I made a booboo bookng my flight home from Montreal. Thought I was Booking 6:30 pm. Nope. 6:30 am. That only occurred to me when I printed it out. After days of trying to change it (“Sorry. All booked up”) I was finally able to book one for 8:40. Not much better but definitely an improvement. And yes, $250 charge. Highway robbery indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trixy -- I feel your pain, but that makes me feel a wee bit better that I'm not alone. Elaine

      Delete