Sunday, September 2, 2018

Ready to meet some new friends? Part One

I know you all like to read my blog, and for something new, I’m going to be participating in a meet and greet - well a blog hop later this month. I need to get that blog post put together. There are prizes. If you want to know more about it, here's a preview.

I feel a hundred times better today about this entire situation. Why? Because I’m the one that’s back in charge. I will not let this situation overwhelm me. I’ll do what I can and mostly what I want. I’m bad but that’s OK.

I may have found a home for the Fortrel - that’s exciting just in itself. We’re going to chat off line to see what can be done.

My brother and I had a great day yesterday. We had some banking to do first and that was a hoot as we had three jars of pennies that we turned in for cash. I seriously need to post the pictures as I tell that story so we’ll have to wait until I get home.

Then we were off to the farm. But we took the scenic route. Checked out the met tower close to my parents. A met tower is a test tower to collect weather and wind information as a potential wind farm is being investigated in that area. It’s very close to my parents. We also drove past that farm where that terrible shooting took place last year or whenever that happened. It was not far from my parents and if that truck had of gone left instead of right - well things could have been a whole lot different. They would never have ended up at my parents - there were other places before them, but seriously - too close to home.

Drove past my grandparents old house - gosh - you can barely see the house any more and one day in the near future, it will have caved in. Drove to the cemetery where the other grandparents are buried. Let me say one thing - it was a perfect cemetery day. COLD, WINDY and WET. I was freezing. What happened to the temperature? Seriously - it was about 12 degrees yesterday. Not sure what the temperature is back home, but it was almost 40 with the humidity - that’s a huge change!

We puttered around at the farm and got more stuff dealt with. I actually felt really good about what I accomplished (which wasn’t much) but when you have a different mindset - it makes a whole lot more sense.

It’s hilarious to walk around town with my brother. Not that he is anyone official in town at all, but I swear that every time we go out - it’s Hi Wally, Hi Wally, Hi Wally. It appears that he knows a lot of people or a lot of people know him. We did run into a cousin of ours at the bank so we had a good chat. It’s amazing what you can find out when you ask a few questions. It’s definitely a small town atmosphere. Everyone knows your business. But then everyone knows our business back home in our own circles.

We stopped off to visit one more of my aunts on the way into town. That leaves one more and I’ll be visiting with her today. I think I have a bunch of stuff to drop off today so no going to the farm. Yeah - that will be nice.















No comments:

Post a Comment