Sunday, December 16, 2018

Table Runner show n Tell - Part Two


Let's see how far I get this morning before I run out of time!

If you didn't read the post from yesterday, scoot back there to see what this show n tell is all about.

This next table runner is Christmasy just because of the color. When you see the results, it's easy to see that everyone liked the color.

Peppermint Candy table runner by Cheryl Almgren Taylor

Here's what the students produced.

Same coloring, with a much subdued green or, is that grey or even a brown?
A subdued coloring of the table runner

Here's one with green and floral.


Greens and floral
 A multi-colored Christmas print has been substituted for the green.

Christmas print, red and white

Two different greens were used in this version.


Bright colors that pop!
Multiple greens in a much darker value were used in this version.


The same green was used throughout in this one. This one is Ronda's. I remember the quilting as she did it at our sewing retreat. Don't forget that you should be able to click on the pictures and enlarge the size of them if you want to get a better look.


Ronda's table runner

This is mine. I went totally different on the coloring. Mine looks like a tropical version. It's not quilted but is sitting in the "to be quilted" pile.

My version of this table runner



This is the next one in the book that we worked on.

Summer Picnic by Laurie Shifrin

We cheated a wee bit on this one. The fabrics in the original were pieced. Some of the class used striped fabric. Hey - why not? That's why students come to class - to get ideas that are different from the original pattern.

This must be Donna's. It's square and it's quilted. She basically created a rail fence block and put into the same setting as the table runner. A great way to use up scraps.


Donna's table topper

This is a great color combination - purple and green. My new favorite. It's a striped fabric and looks awesome and it's super simple because the stripe does all the work for you.


Purple and green striped fabric was used


 This next one is BRIGHT!!!  I love it. That is also a striped fabric in the blocks and then they used that pop of orange in the setting triangles and border. Very nice.
This is BRIGHT

Sarah went crazy as she usually does.  Here's her version using a striped fabric.

A striped fabric used to make the table runner

This one was made by sewing identical widths of fabric strips together and then laying the blocks out in the same manner as the original.

Blocks have been strip pieced

I love working with striped fabric and I have loads of things in mind to make with striped fabric. Now to find the time to make that happen!!!!!

Sadly, I didn't get one of these runners made. I pulled fabric for it and do you think I can find it? I've been searching for two days for the darn stuff. It's in a container with two other runners that I started. ACK - I'm supposed to finish everything I start this year! I'm in trouble.



Next up is this runner. This is one of my favorites and it's super easy to do. Again - the runner was LONG and I encouraged people to make it smaller or make two, but I don't think anyone listened.


Confetti by Natalie Barnes

Love the subtle colors on this one and I love the quilting that they've started and hopefully finished by now.


Nice soft colors on this one
 Look at that touch of lime green in this table runner. That makes this one very exciting. I love that combo.
Nice colors
This is very pretty with the yellow and grey and a touch of teal.

Yellow/grey and a touch of teal


This is Donna's again. I recognize the shape! I never noticed that while the class was happening, but I see it now that I'm posting the pictures. That's the beauty of a lot of these runners - you could make them any size or shape that you wanted them to be.

Those little pops of pink and blue make this one shine.  Note - it's quilted and bound!
Table topper with pops of pink and blue

Another great color combo. I didn't get the entire runner, but it's long like the original.

Pink and fuchsia with greens

Again - another great color combo. Very neutral but those pops of light and dark make it interesting.

A very neutral palette
This is Vivenda's version. Great colors and love the stipple quilting.

Vivenda's version of Confetti



These two are mine. I made six blocks as per the pattern, but choose to make two shorter runners instead of one long one. Then I did two different binding treatments on them which was outlined in QUILTsocial in case you missed that. I need samples of EVERYTHING and ANYTHING so small works best for me. Then I can try TWO techniques instead of just one.

My two table runners

Oops - when I was going through the pictures this morning, I found this picture that should have been posted yesterday. I'm going to put it in yesterday's post, but in case you've already read that - here it is. Again - that green/purple combination. I love it!!!




A soft version of the purple/green color combo



OH - I think I'm going to have to have a Part 3 and a Part 4 to this show n tell. There are still over 40 pictures to post! BUT the good news is that we had finished table runners!!!  I know that a lot of these that I'm showing you are basted, but I KNOW that they went home and got them quilted!

On that note, I'm out of here. Lots got done yesterday and lots more on the list for today. All relaxed sewing with NO immediate deadlines. I'm positively beside myself without a deadline.

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment