Monday, December 3, 2018

The timing is right!

I know that I mentioned this book yesterday - The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert. Not my style of book, but what a page turner. It's a character book - it's really just about Alma's life which is terribly tragic, yet funny at the same time. A lot of interesting things happened to her and didn't happen to her. The book is 500 pages long. I have 25 left to go! I couldn't help myself. Last night after class was over, I abandoned everything else and snuggled up with the book. I don't think I have time to finish the last 25 pages before I need to back to the shop this morning, but I'm going to try.

I had another great presentation/class yesterday. This time I'm at The Sewing Machine in North Bay. What a lovely shop. The classroom is in the basement but it has two fair sized windows so you don't feel like you're in the basement, but the lighting in that room? Oh - I need lighting like this. There's lots of fixtures and they have used the daylight bulbs. The shop itself is upstairs. It's in a house, but you would never know it and there are little pockets of stuff everywhere. I think I like that kind of a shop as you can discover stuff at every turn.

There's also a very thriving alteration room within the shop. Apparently they are busy all the time. That's one department that I wouldn't be good at - I could learn, but I don't have the knowledge or the expertise.

I got to meet Lynne - a wonderful lady who used to live in NB. Bonnie - she says HI back! Lots of beautiful samples in the shop - tons of beautiful bags - I need to make more bags!

I brought loads of samples to show with the idea of inspiring people of new ways to use their sewing machines. I think I accomplished that task yesterday and today I'm going to inspire a new group of sewists. Some of the ladies in the group were fairly new to quilting/sewing and it's always fun to hear how they got into sewing or back into sewing.

As I went through my presentations, I realized that there are MORE samples that I want to make to better emphasize some of the points I talk about. I did make a few notes last night but will be sitting down in earnest when I'm home to make up yet another list of things to make! As if I don't have enough already! My plan is to make some smaller samples of existing projects. That makes them easier to travel with and easier to show - not that we had any trouble yesterday, but I'm thinking of the future.

There was snow and ice on the car in the morning and it was snowing like crazy when I was eating breakfast. As a result a few people who were coming from surround areas weren't able to make it. Maybe we'll see some of them today. The snow didn't last long and the weather cleared up. It's not cold but it certainly wasn't as warm as it was back home. Shoot - I miss the one nice warm day although I hear we had thunderstorms.

I notice that there's a wee bit of snow on the cars this morning, but nothing huge. And thank goodness for my rubber boots. The snow doesn't get cleared very well here and there's a lot of slush around. My feet are nice and dry in those boots.

On that note, I'm out of here. Oh god - I'm going to try and squeeze in those last 25 pages. Otherwise I'll be wondering about Alma for the rest of the day!

Have a super day!!!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment