Saturday, May 25, 2019

You know you're having a good day when...............


So there's a lot of paper in this office. Some of it is necessary, most of it is not. My "virtual" coach, Judith suggested that I just toss the catalogs instead of going through them. AHA - what a novel concept that is. That would be blasphemy! How can I see all the pretty things, even though I have no intention of ever buying anything! Yes - I should just toss most of the stuff instead of searching through it. I know that!

My mother is a hoarder. I have twinges of hoarding! I'm at least able to get rid of things, but I have to look at it first before I do that. Hey - I'm the girl who had to read through an entire magazine instead of just the one or two articles that I was interested in. OK - I still do that. I can't help myself and that's partially why I'm in the mess that I'm in. I'm better - way better. But still, a long way to go. At least I recognize that it's an issue and instead of letting things pile up, I'm working on it. And I'm NOT adding to the piles so that is a good thing. Trust me, things are looking pretty good around here. I know still lots, but looking better.

The best part? The more I get rid of, the happier and lighter I feel. I'll keep working at it! But a note to anyone out there - if you're letting that mess sit because you'll deal with it someday? Guess what? TODAY is that someday!!! Get to work - don't be irresponsible and leave it for your kids or friends or significant other to clean up. Take responsibility!!!

A better filing system for work to be done would be a great asset. Case in point, I had something that well - it just couldn't wait any longer and I was asked to do this task and it needed to be done NOW. Ah - that means I have to find the paperwork that goes with that task. Guess what? I found it all!!!!  That task is done and I honestly felt like a huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders when that was completed.

The computer desk area was also cleaned up and well, I now have room to work. It was a good day!!

I spent the rest of the afternoon getting the homework for today's classes put together. Done, done and done!!! I was quite happy about the day. I've started to work on my homework for tomorrow. It's going to be dicey as to whether it gets done or not as I'm teaching all day today. If it doesn't - that should be a good motivation to get the homework done much earlier next time.

I have more stuff to give away today. These are shop guides for Marti Michell template patterns. Each quilt pattern comes in a big binder. But technically it doesn't have to be in the binder and there's a lot of duplication. There's the pattern for the teacher (double sided), cutting charts for kits and there are the pattern pages for the students (single sided) that are used to make the photocopies. I got a whole pile of Marti Michelle patterns when a local store closed a few years ago.

Loads of duplicate pattern pages

What I've done is put a picture of the binder cover so you can see the name of the pattern and the template sets required. The second picture is a picture of the quilt. Most of these are queen sized bed quilts - I've indicated the sizes on the picture of the quilt.

BEFORE you go all crazy and wanting these patterns - remember these patterns REQUIRE the various Marti Michell template sets. Oh yes - you could make some of them without the templates, but what's the point??? Each block shows you the templates needed so technically, you could make your own. But way better to use the templates. If you've got the templates - awesome. If you don't - think twice before you add to the clutter in your home!!!


Each block pattern comes with a diagram of the required templates used in that block

 If you're not close to me, I don't mind taking the patterns out of the binders and culling all the duplicate pages so you have a complete set of the pattern, but none of the duplication that was put together for the shop guide. The binders will be donated if they're not needed. I have a whole bunch more of the Marti Michell patterns and I'll post those tomorrow. Oh yes - some of the fabrics used in the pictures - well - a wee bit dated!!!  Look beyond the fabric to the quilt design.

Here goes......................


REQUIRES Template Sets A and C

Quilt Size: 84 ½" by 105 ½"

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Requires Set A

Quilt Size - 84" by 104 ½"


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Requires Sets A and L

Quilt Size = 94 ½" square
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Requires Sets A and C - Quilt Size is 82" by 106"

This one also recommends that you use the Log Cabin ruler, but you do NOT need that ruler to make the quilt.

_________----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Set M

Quilt Size - 84" by 103 ½"
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Requires Set B templates

Quilt Size = 79" by 98"
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Requires Sets B and D

Quilt Size = 82" by 103"
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Requires Set L

Quilt Size = 80" by 99"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


If you have no idea what I'm talking about when I say Marti Michell templates, they are essentially plastic templates cut from clear acrylic that if used correctly will cut precise pieces. In turn, those precise pieces with the dog ears already trimmed off make for easy piecing. Here's a link to the webpage for more information about the templates. Includes a video so you can see how the system works.

I know when I was asked to teach a template class many, many years ago, I was aghast! I don't use templates. But I tried them and I've since made many, many quilts from these templates.

Please note that NO TEMPLATE sets are included with the patterns.

So if you want one or more of the 8 pattern books above, send me an e-mail with the name of the one that you want. Then we'll figure out from there how to get it to you. You will pay for the shipping of course if you're not close to me.

On that note, I'm out of here to finish some last minute prep for my machine quilting class later this afternoon.

Have a great day!!!!


Ciao!!!


2 comments:

  1. I would like the Anniversary Waltz if possible.
    I have purchased her rulers.
    I live in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you send me an e-mail? My e-mail is embedded in that blog post.

      Delete