Oh my gosh --- such great comments! Try to go back to yesterday to read them. Amazing how sometimes the husband is the hanger-on and sometimes it's the wife. But whoever it is—there is an important message: if we save something because we are afraid of breaking it, we'll never use it. If it breaks? Who cares! It is an object! An object that no one wants once we are gone. That is something that so many people don't seem to comprehend. That item will unceremoniously go into the thrift shop, where someone might buy it for one of those wine-glass-throwing parties. And you never got to enjoy one single drop, while someone worked out their anger and frustration, or just for the fun of it -smashing your precious wine glass!
I confess I have always wanted to do that. Take some glassware or china and just smash it for the fun. I have never done that, but wouldn't it be cool? OK -- now where do I find one of those fun houses?
As for the gift idea—what a smart idea. When you visit your kids and see what a beautiful home they have made for themselves, and the fact that there is ZERO room in their house for your china/crystal or brown furniture - will that change your mind? Never mind that your stuff doesn't fit their decor - I bet their house doesn't have a big open spot earmarked "Mom's buffet!" in it!
Nope—I doubt there is any extra room because they have filled the house with THEIR memories. After seeing their lifestyle, giving them gifts that work for them - spa days, travel vouchers, or whatever things they want is brilliant. But unnecessary clutter, like buying a new lamp that they likely won't use? Why bother. The item will likely end up in the thrift store, and you might as well have saved your money.
And kids need to be honest with their parents. DO NOT say to your parents, "Oh, I'll take that item, but I can't right now." Guess what? If they really want the item, they'll make room. No -- they are just prolonging the dream for YOU, not them! Thankfully, M is pretty blunt - perhaps too blunt sometimes (OH gosh -- I sound just like my Mom! LOL), but you know what? Blunt is good. We don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but it's good to be honest with your parents. Just soften the blow, please!
Gosh -- we are all so smart!
I have a bit of travel this coming month, and when I'm back, I hope things settle down for the remaining two months of the year. Then I can attack the kitchen, the closets, and the office with a vengeance. Studio B may be a different story, but at least the remainder of the house will be clear. And then all I need to focus on is Studio B. I'm OK with that.
I had to walk the girls together yesterday, and you would swear there is nothing wrong with Murphy. She was at the end of her leash and wanted to be in front, just her usual rambunctious self. She does have back leg issues, but she's doing quite well. We have perfected the method to get up the stairs, and I'm letting her use as much of her weight as she can. I use the support strap mostly to prevent her from slipping. It does happen, but I've got her! It all works! Phew -- I'm glad to get that sorted out.
![]() |
| MOM - I can hear you talking about me! |
![]() |
| My toasted bagel |
Perhaps if you paper-piece it - that would be fine, but to piece it? That's an intermediate at least.
I did a wee bit of tidying up yesterday, but I was exhausted by the end of the day and had a long nap. Oh my goodness, and then I had a good sleep even though I had a nap. Nothing super physical happened, but the mental fatigue was there. I think I am caught up now and back to normal, until Tuesday when I leave again.
I have already started the homework for the October classes because I won't have much free time, and those presentations MUST get done. Oh great—I just checked my calendar, and I'm working on the later class in October, NOT the ones I'm supposed to be working on first. I guess I'll finish what I'm doing today and then dig out the next one! Good thing I checked!
I'm loving those logic problems. It's one thing that comes very easily to me. I have done them since I was a teen, and it's just loads of fun to decipher the clues and figure out who did what, when!
Has anyone read Wild Dark Shore by Charlotte McConaghy? I'm 75% through the audio version, and I'm a bit on the fence. I like the storyline; love the narrators, and I mostly like the characters, but this is a classic case of keeping big secrets when do the secrets really need to be kept? I haven't unearthed all the secrets yet, so maybe there is a good reason. I've got two days left before the book is due.
Can you believe I only have FOUR books on my Libby shelf? That's the digital library shelf. Two are audio, and two are ebooks, and I'm listening to one audio and reading one ebook. When I'm done, one of each is waiting for me. I seem to have gotten things under control. When a "skip the line" book comes in, I ignore it. And I have a couple that will need to be unsuspended, but not quite yet.
I have NOTHING to do today! I think I'll spend the day in Studio B, cleaning up more things, and I have to get a few things organized to take to Salon Quebec on Tuesday. And I must work on the homework assignments.
It's going to be a great day!!!!
Ciao!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment