Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dragon Star Reveal October


OK - so I am a tad tardy in getting this blog out. Sometimes, the pictures accumulate faster than there are days to post!  I could do multiple posts, but there is so MUCH to do in a day.

Anyway - last month we had show n tell - our first for the Dragon Star quilt. This is the second time I am teaching Dragon Star - do you remember what it looks like????


Dragon Star by Judy Niemeyer - it is PAPER PIECED


There are 15 in the class and we had a few people getting the paper piecing concept under their belt, but this is what we had to show. They started with the center...............


Joyce

Lynn

|Andrea

Atty

Angela

I was using this persons as a demo and I have forgotten whose it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Some of the girls got carried away with colouring the diagram to help choose their fabrics. Not ONE, not TWO, not THREE, but FOUR different versions!!!!!!!!!!!!!  


Four versions - I believe they used Photoshop to do this!!!!   The fabrics were scanned in and everything!!!!!

Three versions of someone else's quilt!!!!


These girls are certainly savvy when it comes to this stuff.


So I am preparing for the class tonight - hence the NEED to get this stuff posted BEFORE the class. Good grief - that was a bit under the wire. I will try to keep up to date with this.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment