Friday, December 14, 2012

I couldn't help myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I think I am quilting too much!!!   My brain is kicking into overdrive and I am DESPERATE to organize something!!!!   Oh dear - my life is sad when I can't wait to organize. And I really really wanted to take advantage of that energy so I organized something. BUT - I did NOT touch the 2012 shelf............  yet!!!!

Nope - I went into THE ROOM. This is one of those "what's behind the door" rooms. This is the room where all the stuff (well most of it) is stored. Now for the most part, it is in really really good shape (for a storage room). But there is one shelf that I use all the time and it was partially blocked with a rolling shelf and several boxes. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO   - I moved all that extraneous stuff into the main room........

Here is the rolling cart and the boxes

And a few thing things that got added to the tables - NOTE there is NOTHING on the floors (OK - behind the table there is something, but most is off the floor)



Then I tackled this shelf..................


Before

After



OK - I know - you are saying that there isn't much difference between the two!!!   But I moved a couple of things around. The bottom shelf is BACKINGS - and there were a couple of kits on that shelf so a couple of backings were somewhere else. Now they are ALL TOGETHER. That are a LOT of backings. Some were purchased for specific quilts, but most were just inexpensive fabric that I bought. I recently purchased a couple of good deals, but try NOT to do this any more. Better get busy with those BBB projects!!!!

The next two shelves from the bottom are KITS. I know - KITS!!!!! - how many kits does one need in their life?????   And I never work on a kit!!!!!!   So sad. But there was some other stuff on the kit shelves and that got moved off and I added some more kits that were languishing in a laundry basket on the floor in that room. So now all the kits (well maybe there are a few hidden somewhere else) are on the two shelves.

I even picked one to do in 2013. A very simple one - so shouldn't be an issue to get it done. Oh boy - that delusional do-ability is rearing its ugly head.

The second from the top shelf is my favourite shelf. The scrap box shelf. Most are labeled, but since the boxes are clear, it doesn't really matter. The problem with this shelf is that in some cases there are TWO boxes of the same colour - two blacks, two blues, two yellows and a few others. I MUST MUST MUST come up with something to do with those boxes. Must USE up those scraps.

The top shelf is also boxes of scraps - these are the BRIGHT colours. Those are on the left. The boxes on the right are boxes of fasteners, trim and something else. But they are ALL organized.(actually they were all organized before yesterday). I am going to try and find a spot to put all those trim boxes so they can all be together and leave those top two shelves for scraps. Well - I should try to put all the scrap boxes on ONE shelf and use the top for trim, but I don't think that is going to happen.

I'll see what else I can shift around/consolidate and go from there.

I did come across TWO scrap boxes of flannel and a bunch that was crammed on top of the boxes. Hmmmm - got to do something with this. So I sorted through it -


Got a box of baby themed flannel

A bag of brights for older kids


And there is a third box which is more adult related. I am going to take the baby one on Monday and see what I can come up with. Yes - it will look hodge podge, but I think it will look cute. And you know what - this is the type of thing that EXCITES me with quilting. Why oh why am I not doing more stuff like this????? Actually if I get time, I might go through it tonight and see what I can come up with. NO NO NO - I have other stuff to do tonight.

I should have been born in the pioneer days when all they had was scraps. HOWEVER - NO ONE is allowed to give me scraps any more. I have more than enough of my own to deal with so thanks for the offer, but the word of the year is NO (thanks).


Now the beauty of all the sorting and organizing I have done over the last couple of years, makes this rearranging a BREEZE. It took less than ONE hour to get that shelf in order and I hauled ALL the kits off and rearranged the colour boxes so they were together. Hmmm - lots of cool kits that I still want to make.

Some of my other shelves in this room have a mish mash of things on them. The boxes are sorted, but the boxes are not necessarily in the right spot and I found an ENTIRE box of MARKING stuff for quilting that I never use. I have a feeling that it is going to get UGLY in the studio. It is going to be messy - it is going to crowded, but in the end, it will be PERFECT. OK - I exaggerate, but you know what I mean. My projects and some tools are scattered hither and yon and it is time to get those things in order. My goal is to try and make that room a bit more workable (OK - it is very workable), but I want to get more stuff into it and start cleaning out the few pockets of stuff that is upstairs (where it was moved when we had to redo the floor).

Now - did I get anything else done yesterday?????   Oh yes - I got another quilt done..................


Customer quilt

I know you are asking - didn't you already do that one????   Well yes and no. Same quilt - different colour - the day before it was a  blue one...............


Quilt from the day before


Finished this one up late (and the old me would have left it until this morning), but I decided I could actually get it done. The next one isn't loaded yet, but it isn't too big so shouldn't be that big of a deal.

I also got TWO of the THREE blocks due tomorrow cut out and ready to stick down. If I am lucky, I will get three of four quilts done and two of three blocks done. For me that is not bad, but still disappointed that I didn't get everything done. Lesson learned - allow a BIT more time to get things done. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I am not sure why I am so hyper these days. Is it the amount of work I am accomplishing???? Is it the early morning treks to the gym? Is it the nice weather???   Is it the nesting effect? (No not pregnant!)
Well whatever it is, I had better take advantage of it and keep working.

Oh yes - the new library system. Well - I finally got in just before my book club last night and while I could see my books, I could do nothing with them. The librarian said that the system had crashed for an hour around that time. Hopefully it is working now as I need to do some updating. LOTS of books are overdue and they are giving us grace, but not for long.

And if you need motivation to get your sewing room in order, I am thinking of becoming "sewing room organizer". Ask for help and you shall get it, but BE PREPARED. I will be tough, you will need to do a LOT of work without me, but you will love the end result.



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment