Monday, March 19, 2018

It's going to get worse before it gets better!

Good morning! It's Motivational Monday!!!!

How awesome is that!  It's been a very intense weekend. Both Saturday and Sunday were heads-down and very focused. These long days are going to kill me. Wouldn't it be nice to have a 9-5 job?  Nope - wouldn't trade it for the world. I LOVE what I do. Although I think that on Tuesday next week, that I'm going to just sit and read all day!!!

The main reason is that the long arm is going in for servicing and it should be leaving my house on Friday morning. I've been trying to cram as much quilting in as I possibly can. I do have a wee bit of flexibility on Friday but I want to go to the Etobicoke Quilt Show and I have to meet the courier deadline that day so technically it won't be a quilting day, but I might be disassembling and packing on Friday morning.

Quilts are literally being pulled off the machine and thrown in a pile on the work tables. There's no time for trimming or finishing or whatever needs to be done.


The piles are getting higher!
BUT once I attack this pile, it won't take long to whip it into shape. That's a task for next week, although I did trim a small quilt this morning that is being delivered today to a customer. So yes - that means that I did get the small customer quilt quilted. There's also a magazine quilt in that pile that needs to be trimmed, bound and a sleeve added. Oh, shoot - that should leave tomorrow. I guess I'll do that tonight.

Customer quilt - DONE!!!!


But not before I got another one of mine done. This is the LAST one of mine that I slipped into the queue!!!

My quilt - DONE!!!!


That leaves, two table runners of mine (one is half done - I'm quilting it on the domestic sewing machine - there's a good reason why which you'll see next week), one more customer quilt, one quilt for a magazine (to be loaded later today) and the quilt that I'm testing for a designer. Still to be pieced. But let's not go there.

And instead of being sensible and piecing the test quilt at Monday sewing, oh NO - I have to piece the 150 Canadian Women blocks!!!  Which I barely got cut this morning!  Like I said, it's been pretty intense!

Not so intense that the girls and I didn't have time to go for a long walk yesterday, as well as visited the dog park in the morning. They are getting better on the leash, but well - it's still a complete body workout to take the two of them out!!

That was half of my day. The other half was spent at the domestic sewing machine, prepping for the blog posts that will be up next week for QUILTsocial. I'm behind and that means I've got a lot of writing to do in the next couple of days.  However, you should see what happened. I was experimenting and something amazing came out of the experimenting. I'll be sharing that with you next week. I'm super excited and I'm thankful that my brain is happy to experiment. Let's just say that you're going to love me for it!!!   While I got all the pictures taken for the fourth-day blog post, I didn't get a chance to load them. That's also a job for later today and never mind that two patterns still need to be written NOW!!!   If I can get all the paperwork out of the way tonight, then I can focus on piecing and quilting over the next three days.  Technically, I still have FOUR days and FIVE projects. Getting closer, but not there yet.

We are creatures of habit. I cleaned out the cutlery tray in the drawer the other day. It got washed and all the cutlery got put back in place. BUT not in the same place as before. I switched the forks and spoons and guess what? I pulled out a fork to eat my oatmeal this morning. Guess what? I switched them back to the original way they were.

On that note, I've got to finish getting ready for the day!!!

Have a great day!!!


Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment