Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Stocked up!

A wee bit more time on my hands this morning, although it was a weird sleepless night and I slept in. But that's OK, I feel a bit of a scratchy throat and the last thing I want is a full-blown cold. Lots of rest and lots of water.

I spent Sunday with fellow long arm quilters. Just chatting about quilting and seeing some amazing show n tell. It was an interesting day as well as others got ideas from the group as to how to quilt their quilts. Yikes - way too complicated for me! I do appreciate all the work that goes into quilting some of these quilts, but many that I have just don't dictate spending that much time on them and I don't have the luxury of time to do that either.  But I'm spending more time these days getting more creative with my quilting.

On my way home, I had errands to do. Should I do them now? I was getting tired. But I persevered and got all the errands done! That means I don't have any to do this week.  Yeah!!!  So I'm stocked up with.....................

7 additional jugs of distilled water for the iron

And three pieces of Foam Core for the mini-design boards.


3 pieces of Foam Core for the mini-design boards
Oh - I might not have told you what the mini-design boards are. Well, you'll have to watch for that this week.

I didn't have a lot of time to write a blog post yesterday as I had to cut my blocks for the 150 Canadian Women so I'd have something to sew at Monday sewing. And I got a bit more computer work done.  Today is the last day this week where I have URGENT stuff to tidy up. A LOT of urgent stuff and then I'm pretty much free for the remainder of the week to do WHATEVER I want.

I did a wee bit of sewing on Sunday night. Here's what I did. Yes - let's pick the project that is NOT on the project tables. But as I had mentioned the other day, I did want to get these rag quilts out of the way. At least sewn together so I would be able to start ragging them whenever I have some downtime.

The rows of the rag quilt are together

Then when I was having a sleepless night last night, I got up to sew.

I got most of the rows together and decided that the quilt was not long enough so I added two more rows.

Two more rows added


I think I like this size and after looking at the other two smaller stacks (one of which I raided to get the two additional rows), there is enough to make another quilt this size. PERFECT! I might even be able to get those done. Using the Epic 980Q (the machine I'm using to blog with on QUILTsocial), that machine flies so it was easy to zip through those seams.

But I did a very bad thing yesterday when I got home from Monday sewing. I got my nose in a book. And I didn't put it down until I was finished. Needless to say, the entire evening passed by. And it was only when I got to bed that I realized that I had forgotten to go to a meeting that I wanted to attend. This morning, I realized that I had missed an eye appointment. Which is ironic when you think that the main character in the book was suffering from amnesia!!!! 

Needless to say, the book was a THRILLER. I don't normally read that much at once, but it was a page-turner right to the end. It's called Before I Go to Sleep by S. J. Watson. I think I just found a new author!!!   Very interesting. I just checked the author's webpage. This was his FIRST novel which was turned into a movie - for some reason, I thought it was a movie. OH, my - the trailer looks amazing.  I might have to watch it. I've just requested his second book from the library. See how easily I get distracted?  And I still have a huge stack of books here from the library, but of course, with my sleepless night, I'm well into another one which is quite interesting as well. I'll tell you about it tomorrow.

The other day when I was sewing, I needed to change the needle and wind bobbins. That means it's time to clean out the bobbin case as well. Yikes - that's pretty filthy in there!


A very dirty bobbin case


I hope you enjoyed the first of five posts regarding binding on the QUILTsocial blog. Today, the topic is all about making continuous bias binding. Something that I get asked about - now here's a tutorial for you to make it. Super easy. Be sure to check it out!!

On that note, I'm out of here to get my commitments done for the day and I have ONE scheduled phone call to make that I cannot miss. I've lots of exciting things to blog about this week, so make sure you stay tuned.

Have a great day!!

Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment