Friday, January 11, 2019

Drowning in paperwork


Paperwork is not my forte. Oh - I'm good at it when I settle down to do it. I can be super organized, but I hate doing it. There's nothing to show at the end of a paperwork session. I guess there is, but you know what I mean. Nothing fun!

Let's just say that this silly accident has filled my life with paperwork and running around. As we come to the end of the process, the paperwork seems to have ramped up!

There are still papers to complete for the physio sessions. And I got my settlement amount yesterday - what I expected, but I had set my expectations low. The car was 8 years old after all. So now I have to do all the final paperwork to "sell" the car to the insurance company.

Then there's the paperwork involved in getting a new set of wheels. Hopefully, all that paperwork is finished - yes I bought a new car yesterday. I bought an inexpensive car, but the final price still hurts a LOT. It's $10K more than I bought my Matrix for 8 years ago. At least I'll save money on gas, but probably get hit by higher insurance costs because of the smaller, lighter car. You just can't win.

And there's the question of the tires - one set is on the old car - the winter set. The summer set is in storage at Toyota. Can I use those rims on the new car? That requires another trip to the auto body to get the lug nuts which I left in the car. It just doesn't end!!! 

No word if they got the other guy, but I sure hope so.

I should say that buying a car is not fun! I was dealing with a different sales person last time I went there. I was supposed to be seeing the same guy yesterday, but somehow our times got mixed up so they hooked me up with someone else. Well, this guy didn't listen. And why do those guys have to check with their manager for everything??  Why not just let me chat with the manager? Which I did at the end because I didn't sign the first time I was at the dealer. No - I wanted to make them sweat a bit. Hopefully, I won't need to repeat that task for another 10 years or so.

Anyway - drive safe!!!!  Get OFF your phone! Stop eating in the car and PAY ATTENTION to the road. And stop being in a hurry!  The cost in time and money for having an accident is HUGE. If you don't care about yourself, I'm OK with that. But think about the other person. I didn't ask for this and the amount of time and money that it cost me is HUGE.

Despite all the running around, I did manage to get a few things done.

I quilted this quilt. It's not that big but it's done. It's for our guild's community outreach program. I had selected the fabrics from their huge stash. I was going to take a picture of the fabrics (tomorrow) -it's a great quilt to make with odd fabric. The black fabric? it's all millennium fabric but you don't really notice that because it's been chopped up! This pattern is from Atkinson Designs called Anything Goes. It's in a book called It Takes Two and add a few. I didn't see it on her website. I noticed in the bag (where the book is hanging out) that there's fabric for several more of these quilts - the fabrics belong to the guild. I guess I should get to work on one of those.

Community outreach quilt - DONE


I have to make the binding and get that sewn on which I hope to do in the next day or so. As long as it's done before the guild meeting, it doesn't really matter.

I got more blocks done for Jingle all the way - realized that I forgot to take a picture of the blocks. I'll do it today when I'll have even more blocks done. I'm making great progress on that quilt but still a few more blocks to make. Then I have one more quilt (Hello Sunshine) to get blocks ready for the class in two weeks.

Jingle all the Way by Kimberbell


Speaking of which, I'm having a blast making the blocks for the Lilla quilt class that's happening tonight at Oh Look Fabric. It's so fresh and modern and I love the fabrics I choose to make it. I'll share that with you tomorrow. The homework is almost finished. Come on out if you want to make a fun quilt that's half improv and half precision piecing.

Lilla quilt pattern


I usually use fresh fruit in my smoothies but decided that I'll go with frozen fruit in the future. The blueberries wor not so bad with my immersion blender, but I figured that frozen strawberries will be a whole different ball game. So I got out my Vitamix. Comes with a recipe book. Can't wait to make soups and hummus. I might actually be responsible for my own meals soon. Well, I do breakfast and lunch.

Vitamix recipe book


Yikes - I have to say that I've been eating super healthy this week and I don't miss any of the bad foods. No dessert, I have fruit instead. Lots of veggies. Let's not forget the supplements to keep my liver and other organs happy! Even last night when I really felt like something after dinner, I didn't have anything. I installed myself on the couch with my heating pad for my neck, a book, and a glass of water and I was fine! Amazing what you can talk yourself into doing. It's not even talking yourself into - it's just making a decision to live cleaner. You do it because you want to.

I find drinking lots of water helps a lot. I'm up to five full glasses of water a day. Almost done the second one for the morning. It's a great way to get things moving - chug a couple of glasses of water first thing in the morning - cures all ailments!

Now here's the thing. The world is coming to an end. I HATE drinking tap water. I've no idea why - there's nothing wrong with it. It's good for you and it's free and convenient. However, for years, I've bought big jugs of water for the water cooler. Well, yesterday, we ran out of water in the jug and I didn't have time to get more. Instead of not drinking, I drank tap water. Hey - this isn't so bad after all! Could I be cured?

Did you know that the more you drink, the less you go to the bathroom? No - you still need to go, but it's just different. I'm not sure how to describe that. Anyway - onto the third glass. I can do one glass per hour for the first couple of hours and then the afternoon? It just doesn't happen. Then I get in one glass after dinner. No - I don't need to get up in the night. I think part of that is that my body is so dehydrated that it takes all the water that it needs and there's nothing left over!

Anyway - it's all good. I'm feeling amazing and that's what it's all about.

Now I'd better get myself organized because I have to get that paperwork tidied up and I have a LOT of sewing to do. I was hoping to get another quilt on the machine, but I don't really have time for that today.

Have a super day!!!

Ciao!!


No comments:

Post a Comment