Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Snowmageddon


That was a lot of snow yesterday. I spent about 2 hours shoveling the driveway. I did it in sections and then DH came out to move the cars and shovel beneath those. Yep - he got the easy job! I don't mind. I got to eat a LOT of extra food yesterday and I deserved every bit!


The left side of the driveway before the plow came by
The right side of the driveway


The plow doesn't normally hit our street until the evening so I changed all plans to venture out. Of course, the plow comes at noon! No big deal, but boy - what a crazy situation. The guy driving the thing looked about 15! He was barreling down the street, knocking over garbage cans that were in his path. But for the life of me, I can't understand why people put their garbage cans on the street yesterday. I didn't even bother putting ours out. We don't generate a lot of garbage so even with pick-up every two weeks, we often don't put it out until it's full which is about once a month - if that. I want to know what's in their garbage cans! How come so much waste? Same with recycling - some peoples bins are overflowing every two weeks. We put ours out about once a month.

We live on the curve of a cul de sac so there are a couple of pie lots. My neighbour drives me crazy because she doesn't own a shovel! She has this massive scoop and proceeds to push the snow onto the street. Her excuse - no place to put it. Meanwhile, her front lawn just a few feet from the driveway has ZERO snow piled on it.

When that plow came by, we were watching. She happened to be out in her driveway pushing the snow into the street. And that driver helped her by pulling all the snow away from the end of her drive!!!!  GRRRR!!!!  While I'm happy because it didn't end up in my driveway, he enabled her to continue doing that!!!! I'm going to buy her a damn shovel! But she won't get it even then.

Clearing the snow in style!


So after our street was all sparkling clean, we did have to go back out and shovel the end. DH says - we can drive over that. Yes, we can, but I'm not driving over it in my new car which is very low to the ground. It also causes ice to build-up and causes slippery conditions. I shoveled most of it and he came and helped me.

Oh - I know the blog is late today. Really, really late. That's OK - I was at the gym!!! Haven't been to spin class in a while and it was time. I thought my legs were going to fall off. I pushed to get to my goal. Now you have to realize that its different in spin class than being on the road. The more effort you put in, the more KM you rack up. It's not necessarily just a speed thing.

Here are my results from this morning.


Stats from spin class


I was happy - the equivalent of 31.1 KM in just less than 1 hour. On my way downstairs I ran into a couple. She works out in the gym and he does the same spin class. He also does triathlons and is skinny as a rail. His wife commented that I looked like I worked harder than he did. So I asked him how many KM he cranked out. A mere 27.3 KM to my 31.1!!!!  Oh yes - if I'm going to the gym, I go there to do maximum effort in the time I have.

Then I popped into the sauna where two men were doing their exercises. Good grief!

And that's why I'm very late this morning.

I spent a good part of yesterday finsihing up that charity quilt for Quiltcon - well, when I wasn't shovelling or eating! I ate a lot yesterday and because of the spin class, I get to eat a lot again today!

But here's the quilt. I'm very happy with the results. That's Charity quilt number five for the year that I've quilted and eventually will finish off.

Charity quilt for Quiltcon - DONE!!!!

Here are a couple of shots of the quilting. I'm very happy with it. My favorite part is the light purple. I could do that all day! I just love the texture and the illusion that changing the direction provides.

Details of quilting on Quiltcon quilt

More quilting details


I did other stuff as well, but you won't see that until Friday.

This charity quilt and the other one I finished MUST be in the mail today. The binding is cut and ready to sew together. Then the sleeve has to be sewn on. That shouldn't be a problem but I do have some computer work that needs to be done first.

Oh - I see that Miss Lexi blogged this morning. I'm surprised that she remembers how - it's been a while.

Don't forget to check out QUILTsocial today.  Very cool stuff on Design Positioning with the HUSQVARNA VIKING Designer Brilliance 80.

On that note, I'm out of here to get the day started.

Have a great day!!!!

Ciao!!!

1 comment:

  1. My neighbour does a similar thing with his snow. He takes it from his driveway and piles it in the parking lane in front of my house, which is in front of the fire hydrant. I have emailed and talked to him that it is a violation of the by-laws, but he still does it! I don't get it!

    ReplyDelete