Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I'm POSSESSED

I do NOT know what has got into me!!!!   But I want to QUILT QUILT QUILT all day long. I finished the MONSTER quilt last night at 10 PM!!!   Of course there were many interruptions during the day, but I was determined to finish that sucker (so there would be more time to do MORE quilts today!!!!!)



The MONSTER quilt by the way is 117" by 117". Have a look - it is a beautiful quilt - and thankfully required just an overall design.



The MONSTER quilt on the machine - not a lot of room left!!!!

See how big it is - this is just part

The other side of the MONSTER quilt!!!!!

I did a bit more dense pattern than I normally would on such a big quilt, but I tell you - I am possessed!!!!

Today - I think I can get a couple done - they are easy ones.

The quilt top I was working on? Well the top is done and now I am trying to get the backing done. I found some flannel that I was going to use on another quilt, but didn't have enough. I barely have enough for this one and had to scrounge through my scraps to find enough to make it as long as it needs to be. This was the backing of one of the tie quilts. Well it supposed to be the backing for two of the tie quilts, but there was only enough for one. But I will MAKE this fit.

Then I realized - I can't show you this quilt anyway. It is the Border Creek Mystery from last year and I was SWORN to secrecy by Joann at Cockadoodle to NOT reveal this quilt. Now the mystery is technically over, but she is having the reveal on September 22 in the evening. Hmmmmm - can I get it quilted by then???????   I think it might need something more than over all. I have NO TIME for blogging - I need to be quilting!!!!!!

Anyway - check out Border Creek Station -  Sherri is a Canadian (yeah!!!) and makes some amazing patterns, including the BEST mystery quilts I have ever seen!!!!   This is my second one and I am impressed. I am going to do the next one as well.

Border Creek Station


Check out this page for more specifics about the 2011 Mystery Quilt including a link to the list of stores (by province) that are participating in the mystery - there are a LOT of them - you should be able to find one close to you.

Border Creek Mystery Quilt

Sign up today - only three fabrics. Her patterns and directions are the BEST!!!!!!!


Yesterday I came across this slogan on a bag. I think this slogan should be everywhere!!!


Cute slogan


I think it is on a wine bottle bag, but hey - it should be in clothing stores, the hair salon, the shoe store, the car store - EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!  

OK - got a lot to get done today.


Have a great day!!!


Ciao!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment