Thursday, September 8, 2011

Am I a Manic/Depressive????


Something has definitely happened to me. I was quilting again yesterday and managed to eek out not one, not two, but THREE quilts. I finished at 10:15 PM.   I am sure my family is ready to KILL me.

WAIT! I realized that the setting on the blog for comments was incorrect. I think it is now set for anyone to make comments, not just members of Google Accounts. Sorry for that - I also changed the time zone!  It was three hours off!

Besides doing those three quilts, I also managed to rip through a lot of my TO DO list. The quilts yesterday - well there were a few close calls - have a look and see what I mean.

Customer quilt

Details of customer quilt (it needed that complex of a design to settle down the "fullness" of the top. It quilted up very nicely!

However - that was a TAD CLOSE for comfort on the width of that backing!!!!!

I
Hard to tell, but she wanted variegated thread on the back.

That quilt was done by 4 PM - yes - I was on the ball yesterday. Then I thought that I could squeeze out two more - both are very small. Here they are......

Community project quilt #1

Community quilt #2

Now this was definitely a case of WHAT NOT to do on the long arm. I was given a large (long) piece of backing (the quilts are only as wide as the width of fabric), two hunks of batting (that were more than ample in size) and two tops. I decided because the length of the two quilts was pretty much the same length as the backing that I would do them together.

I loaded all the backing along the long sides.

Here is one of the quilts ready to be quilted. 

Working on the second quilt. The first one is complete.

The two quilts completed!!!

See what I mean when I say there was NO ROOM!!!!!!   NEVER do this. It is so hard to get a nice finish on the edge and you might shortchange the backing of the quilt like below

The end of the fabric was angled and part of the back is missing. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

All the waste from the trimming. Normally I have lots more and NEED more. 

Amazingly the first quilt was missing only this much on the edge of the backing which can be concealed within the binding

What was missing on the second quilt

Fortunately there was this one strip leftover and I will be able to join it on and fix the back. Yes - I could have just trimmed off the quilt, but I'm not that kind of person. Remember - I like challenges!!!!!!!


Today - there is just one quilt to do!!!!!!   And it is one of my own!!!   Imagine - sneaking my quilts into the mix. I think I have done MAD!!!!!

And in case you are wondering about the batting closet - here is what it looks like these days....

Batting closet
It used to be jam packed. The pieces I have been using for MY own quilts are in the two middle shelves on the left. And steadily decreasing!!!!  There are still packages of batting, pillow forms and stuffing. Yes - some day I will get through it, but at least it is being used so I don't mind having a stock pile.


Now I am using my bike on a daily basis (or trying to) to do my errands. Yesterday was no exception. Since most of my errands are relatively close to the house - seems a shame to take the car out when I can get a bit of exercise while doing the running around and no worries about parking. I even went to the LCBO and picked up a couple of boxes. Shoved one inside the other and bungied them to my rack!!!!!   I am sure the neighbourhood is going to start talking!!!!!

Carrying boxes on the back!!!!   Bungy cords - a cyclists' best friend!!!!

And let's not forget the important stuff - a cup holder!!!!!    I had it on backwards so it was a  challenge to get that tea home yesterday, but now it is on correct (got to find something else because the handlebar isn't big enough to support it properly) but the cup sits on the basket!!!!!   I can't wait to go do errands today!!!!!


Yesterday was a NO CAR day. I am hoping to have LOTS more of them. I will start going to the gym on my bike, but not today as I have some junk from the garage to get rid of and the recycling depot is close to the gym. I should have taken a picture of the garage, but that is my next area. It really shouldn't take long at all as we have kept the garage fairly clean but there is stuff in there to be given away and taken to recycling. The garbage got a fair bit yesterday and now just a bit left. Then I can sweep the floor and it will be all neat and tidy!!!!!!

I recently started taking a Vitamin B Complex......

Vitamin B - notice the writing on the bottom of the label - it says for Energy and Stress
Hmmm - does that mean I will get more Energy and MORE Stress?????   Anyway despite the fact that the pills are HUGE and you are supposed to take SIX a day (I only take two - I would be afraid to take more!!!) I guess I am feeling better. My knee isn't though and why does it ache at night when I am trying to sleep instead of when I am awake??????


I am currently reading a book by Dean Koontz - a bit of the paranormal. Ronda and Carol keep talking to me about geocaching - well I had a dream about a new kind of cache. It was very bizarre and the cache was more of a paranormal experience rather than an actual cache. OK - too weird!!!!


And here are my helpers......

The helpers - Kaylee is laying RIGHT in my path. Always the attention seeker!!!

Speaking of Kaylee - she asked me to tell you this important fact. Apparently she likes numbers...

In the morning we take a walk in the woods. None of the dogs are on their leash (shhhhhhh!!!) and are very good at coming back when called. Kaylee is actually better than my two!!!!  This is what we noted this morning....

Length of the walk - 1 KM (OK - an estimate!!!!)
Total distance for me - 1 KM
Total distance for Sammy - 1.2 KM (the .2 is from Kaylee trying to play with her)
Total distance for Sparky - 1.7 KM (she likes to wander around and check out stuff)
Total distance for Kaylee - 4 KM (that dog runs and jumps around like an idiot!!!!!)

But even better news - I closed our bedroom door last night and all three girls stretched out on their respective beds and slept through until the alarm went off. Sammy and Sparky could NOT care less about the alarm - they know it is not time to get up. Kaylee - well that's another story. That lady is up - I am UP!!!!!   Someone is UP - it is play time!!!!!!  And when I ignored her - she proceeded to go outside and start BARKING very loudly. That dog is an ATTENTION seeker for sure. Of course I ran out and she got what she wanted - attention!!!!!!

Well - another busy day ahead (just one quilt), but lots on the TO DO list, the gym, meetings, blah blah blah!!!!


Have a great day!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment