Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 45 - Owen Sound to Tottenham

Slept pretty decently despite the circus atmosphere at the campground with all the people and dogs.

Up at 6 and off to an early start shortly after 7 AM. It is going to be one of our longest days and supposed a lot of hill climbing. We went through Blue Mountain Ski area which I don't think I have ever been before. Amazing how built up that area is.

Actually had a decent day. No rain, it wasn't hot and there were no bugs and let's not forget the tail wind.

We arrived at our camp site to find some of the vets from the very first Tour du Canada. Wow - this is the 25th year. Some of them looked pretty young and turns out they did the ride when they were teenagers!!!!!   Had fun looking through their photo album - I wonder how they got all that hair under a helmet!!!!!   And imagine traveling all that distance and having NO access to Facebook and the internet or cell phone.

Of course my family was NOT there when I arrived so I had to wait one hour for them to show up. I had sent them a text earlier in the day, but I guess it didn't get delivered. Perhaps I was too quick to put my phone back in airplane mode or something.

It was so nice to see family - got a big hug from M - hey I missed you too!!!!!!!  I imagine it was pretty quiet around camp as a good number of people went home or else went home with someone else.

We stopped in Bolton on the way home and had dinner. I chowed down my piece of lasagna and most of the bread that was served. Really got to find a way to eat more in the day and less at night, but I don't think that is going to happen.

The girls were VERY HAPPY to see me. Little Sammy gets all whiney like she just can't get enough. Sparky is a bit more aloof. I am happy, but don't think I am going all out for you!!!!!!

Managed to get all my Garmin data up to date so that was good. Hard to believe the distance we have come so far, but still a long ways from the end. And downloaded the 4000 e-mail messages. Managed to quickly delete a lot of them and caught up on a few. I'll deal with the rest when I get home.


M is so cute - she had a treasure hunt for me so I could reacquainted with the house. Started in the kichen and took me all over the house. She had little "prizes" and notes for me along the way!!!!!!!   And of course all the bags were ORANGE!!!!!    Thanks M - I really appreciated that and it was loads of fun!!!!   I am sure you had fun making it up as well.


I see that the house that was for sale when I left is STILL for sale, although the price has been reduced. Another house is up for sale and yet another house was for sale and was sold. All that excitement and I missed it all!!!!!   It is RARE that a house goes for sale on our street.

My knees were sore from all that climbing today so I am very glad that we don't have to ride tomorrow. I had a great shower when I got home and slathered myself in Aveeno, trying to get rid of the itchy skin which is most likely due to dryness rather than bug bites.


And my mail was all sorted when I got home. There was more FAN mail, then some magazines, the boring bills and then other. Thanks M for doing such a good job!!!!!!!  And I got to unpack my goodies that I had purchased at The Quilt Patch in Moose Jaw.


And the best part of all - it was awesome to be able to hit the kitchen, the bathroom and  the bedroom without much walking between them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Well time to close off -


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment