Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 46 - Rest Day

Ah - it was SO NICE to sleep in my own bed. I almost feel like I was cheating by being at home for the day, but NOPE - I'm not going to worry about that. I got up at 6 AM (old habits are hard to kill). Took the girls for a walk in the forest and I don't know who was happier - me or them. It was obvious that they do not get walked at 6 AM when I am not there because they were NOT prepared.
I decided to go to Tim's for breakfast. All I could find in the fridge was stuff that M had bought for herself - Weight Watcher bagels - veggies and lots of other healthy stuff. I wanted something with some substance so off to Tim's it was. Got some of the blogging caught up. Was nice to use a full size keyboard where the cursor doesn't jump all over like it does on this tablet - it's one BIG fault.
And then to the gym for a massage - ouch ouch ouch - is all I am going to say about that, although the masseuse did suggest that I do a bit more stretching, then my muscles wouldn't be quite as tense. Shoot - I just can't seem to work that into my schedule, but I guess I had better. I also managed to get my hair cut so that was great. It was just getting to that stage where the front was hanging in my eyes when I put my helmet on. Very annoying to say the least.
Then upstairs for the BIG WEIGH in. Although it seems like we are eating a TON of food, I did manage to lose a whole 6 pounds. That doesn't seem like much, but it equated to about 6 percent body fat which is way more important. At least to me. The trick when I get home will be to keep it off. I must say that I do feel leaner - I guess instead of using up calories that I am eating, my body is FINALLY using up some of those fat that I have been storing. Well - it better use up a whole lot more before this trip is over!!!
M and I went out and got a few groceries and a visit to Chapter's and then home for lunch. Just finishing up lunch when Anna dropped by. She rode her bike down from Georgetown so we had a great visit. Then I spent the afternoon visting with Judy, Joyce, Tish, Marian and Jim, and  Ronda. I think that was everyone. I know it was a tough weekend since it was the middle day of the long weekend. It was so nice to see you all and we had lots of goodies to keep us supplied. Hey - soon I will be home for good!!!!!   and then we can visit all the time.
Had to go to Wendy's for dinner as the chicken that DH had purchased had expired. I can't begin to imagine how much food went to waste at our house this summer. I just wont think about it.
M downloaded the Blogger App for my tablet so I am hoping that will make it easier to keep the blog up to date??????  time will tell. Got all my laundry done and I went through all my kit with a fine tooth comb. I eliminated a LOT of stuff, got a smaller backpack. Let's just hope that I don't regret leaving any of the stuff behind. But you would think I have it figured out by now what is important and what is not. Also picked up a few more books so I don't run out on the trip. No inkling or time to do anything creative - just too messy an environment for that.
Sure felt weird to be driving and I felt guilty as I tooled around town on the rest day getting some errands done, but I wasn't complaining one bit!!!!!!  It did NOT rain on the rest day which was nice and my backyard and the garden has grown leaps and bounds. I will have to prune everything back once again - that will make about the 4th time we had to do that this year!!!!!!
Got to get to bed early as we have to get up early to get to the campground. A super super rest day and so nice to spend it with family and friends!!!!!
Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!
Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment