Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Community bike rides

Last Saturday was a Mississauga Community Bike Ride. These are rides hosted by the Advisory Council in an effort to showcase the many many KM of bike lanes and mult-purpose trails that exist within the city. Each ride takes place in a different location in the city.  I haven't been able to participate in as many rides as I would like, but I did manage to get out this past Saturday.

Oh crap. I go to download the data from the bike computer and it says that I need to install a new software to do that.  So I download it and guess what - it doesn't work!!!!!!   Seriously????   What is it with me and technology. And now I don't have time to fix that. This week is a "bit" of a time crunch for me.

So you will just have to settle for some pictures.


Listening to the safety briefing

Almost ready to roll
 We were on the Burnamthorpe Multi-Purpose trail which parallels Burnamthorpe Road. This trail is an excellent way to get east and west in the city.  In total, the ride was 30 K long and many people did the entire distance which is awesome.

We weren't really marshalling for this trip - it was let everyone ride at their own pace.  I rode ahead of some of the groups so I could grab some photos.


Cyclists on Burnhamthorpe Trail

Cyclists on Burnhamthorpe Trail

Cyclists on Burnhamthorpe Trail


Everytime I get close to these buildings (including last night), I marvel at these "Marilyn Monroe" buildings. They are so interesting to look at and every angle offers up a different perspective.  Very unique and fun to see.


Marilyn Monroe buildings

It has to be short and sweet this morning. I am off to spin class and had a meeting right after work yesterday for the Mississauga Advisory Council so that didn't leave a whole lot of time for anything else. Yes - my quilting is suffering!  But I get a full day of it at the office.

People keep asking me where my energy comes from?  It comes from moving - motion creates energy.  I had a slow day on Monday and I was exhausted when I got home from work. Yesterday, I went for a walk at lunch and the day was busier (not running around busy) but I had stuff to do and I was just fine. If I don't' have a focus, if I don't have a purpose or something to do - I am lazy as a slug. Give me some goal for the day and I'm there. When I set my own goals, I run like mad. When you get up this morning - set a goal for the day and get busy!!!!!

I did have a fabulous walk with Deborah Edwards. Yes THE Deborah Edwards who is the Design Director at Northcott.  Many of the Northcott fabrics you have in your stash were created/generated by her.  Go and check the selvedge if you don't believe me.  What an interesting, creative and very funny person.  I think we will get along just fine. I love when she comes into my office to ask my opinion about a new fabric that she is designing.  Which version of this would be more appealing to quilters - A or B????   and what about a name for this line?????     Got any ideas of what you would like to see on fabric?????   I'll pass them along although I think ideas are not lacking.

I got a lot accomplished in EQ7 yesterday and I'll share that with you tomorrow when I have a bit more time.


AHA - I manually downloaded the cycling file.   Cheated the system - love it!!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment