Friday, August 28, 2015

Thanks


That was a bit of a whirlwind birthday!   Had a great day at work - hmmm - I don't think I'll ever have to complain about not having anything to do!  Somehow I seem to have filled my days and not even with sewing. There are things that have sat for a while that should be taken care of and well - once I can get to do them on my own - I can be pretty efficient (I hope). It's learning how to do the stuff that takes the time and depending on others schedule to get the information. And let's not forget all the patterns to be designed. and I must learn that software (EQ7) to create some wild and crazy stuff (in addition to the stuff for newbies). And alas - the toughest part of my job, I must try to find a couple of courses at Festival to take to "increase" my knowledge and keep up to date with current quilt trends. Ah - yes - it's a tough life, but someone has to do it!!!


I opened up Google yesterday to do some searching and guess what I found?????   I saw this logo and wondered what it represented and it was a "personal" Happy Birthday wish from Google to me!!!!!

Happy Birthday Elaine



After work yesterday was a Mississauga Community bike ride. I normally ride my bike to the rides, but this one was in Malton and there wouldn't have been time to get home and then ride back. I opted to put my bike on the back of my car yesterday. That opened up a couple of conversations with a couple of the guys in the office and Gary even offered to have a look at my bike rack which I don't think is installed correctly.  Ah - yes - seems like I will fit in with pretty much everyone!!!


Listening to pep talk before the ride


It was an interesting ride.  This is a much older section of Mississagua, There wasn't a lot of room for parks and green spaces when the area was built so we did a lot of the ride on neighbourhood streets.  I thought it was going to be a long, slow ride, but it wasn't bad at all.  The groups were small - it is a less desireable area to ride in and days are getting shorter and cooler.  And then we had ice cream!!!!!   Yeah for ice cream!!!

While we were waiting for the second group to come in - I saw this furry little guy making his way along the fence.  Funny to see them out at 7:30 PM.  Usually they come out later or much earlier!!!


A skunk


Haven't had time to read all my birthday wishes yet since it was late when I got home and I was tired. But I will read them all today. I did get a note from someone alerting me to this..............





OK - I so want that fabric license plate.  It is from Elaine's Quilt block in Salt Lake City.  Anyone close by????  Got a friend or family member who lives nearby????   Otherwise I will have to call the store and hopefully they are not sold out.   There are FIVE sold out in Ontario at this point and could be a couple more. I'm going to check and have ONE last day of row by rowing.

And if I owe you something for Row by Row (and I do owe money to people, I owe plates in exchange, I owe a kit),  I hope to get a lot of it cleaned up this weekend.  This summer has been a bit of a blur and I really really want Row by Row to be done!!!!!   So bear with me a couple more days.


I have a job for you all.  As you know - I'm supposed to keep up with the quilt world which is HUGE.  I want to know if you discover a new designer (it could even be YOU!) and I know - what is a new designer - well - new to you is fine by me.  What new gadgets, tools, books, techniques??????   I'm doing my best to keep up to date and hopefully will be starting some new programs, communiques to people just like you!!!!!     So bring on the comments - let me know what you think is hot.  We're one big community here and you help me - I'll help you!   Simple - right?????


On that note - I'm excited to get off to work to try and clear a few things off my desk to maybe get a bit of sewing in later today?????


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment