- TUTORIAL - Twirling Seams
- TUTORIAL - Y Seams
- TUTORIAL - Fusible Applique
- TUTORIAL - Appliqued Circles
- TUTORIAL - Trimming Blocks
- TUTORIAL - Quarter Square Triangles
- TUTORIAL - Starch method of applique prep
- TUTORIAL - Size of squares required for Half Square Triangles and Quarter Square Triangles
- TUTORIAL - 2013/2014 Block of the Month
- TUTORIAL - 2013/2014 Block of the Month (Part Two)
- TUTORIAL - Making an eight-pointed star
Friday, September 16, 2016
Did I already post this? If not, here's a fun way to participate in a massive sewing bee and do something good at the same time.
The Canadian Quilter's Association is having a BIG QUILT BEE and the end result will be quilts that will be donated to Ronald McDonald House buildings. Oh yes - I'm sure I've told you about this. Well, I'm telling you again!
Here is the link to the information on CQA website.
While it's a little bit confusing as to what fabrics are allowed, check out their website to see the specific collections. Check out this link to see the entire Northcott Stonehenge Oh Canada collection. I bet most of you have some scraps from this collection in your stashes. What a super way to use up those scraps.
And if you want to wait until the Northcott Canadian Sesquicentennial fabric hits shops in order to make your blocks, that collection will be available in November. There are some fun fabrics in this collection.
There is another new collection to be released in May 2017 called Northcott Stonehenge OH Canada - Our Home and Native Land.
Yes, there are other Canadian fabric collections you can use, but I'm a bit biased!
Wouldn't this be a super opportunity to get together with your friends? You could pool your Canadian-themed fabrics and coordinates and have an amazing sewing day. Now I must find time to do this - I think it's going to be loads of fun.
Send me pictures if you make a block. I'd love to see what you're doing! And if I can wangle a day, I'd love to have a sewing party to make these quilts. Anyone up for that? It means I'll have to do a "bit" of tidying!
Have a great day!