Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Filmfest!


I'm going crazy!  DH was on my case about how swollen my knee was and that if I don't stop, I'm going to be in a real mess.  I have this massive hand project that I'm working on and would like done by the end of the month and I was talking to Lynn last week about the new Jason Bourne movie and she reminded me that she had lent me the first three movies (over a year ago!).

So I combined all three into one and had my own private filmfest.  DH set up the TV for me, although we don't seem to have any remotes that work so whatever volume it's set at - that's what you get. There's no stopping and starting the movie if you need a bathroom break - hold it or miss part of the movie!  I guess if I watched more movies, I'd need that fixed, but for the occasional movie - I'm OK with it.

Then he went on and on about how I had already seen all three movies. DUH!  I know what I've seen - well for the most part.  I had seen the second one ONLY!  Well that I remembered!  Definitely had not seen the last one. But my brain doesn't have room to remember all the details and who the good guys are and the bad guys.  Nope - I just like the car chases!

But it was a great way to spend the day - three movies, a pack of ice and my hand project that kept me nice and warm.  I know - it was hot outside, but our house (especially in the family room at the back) is always cool.

I did have a couple of visitors - people who dropped some stuff off for me.  But look what appeared at my door as well.
How I spent my afternoon
Yes, Pauline brought me one of those damn yummy pumpkin spice muffins and a tea!  Now that was a great way to watch the last movie!  Thanks Pauline!!!!

And these stupid painkillers - well they don't work. And one minute, I think I'm hungry or is that my stomach being upset by the pills?  Anyway, I'm not a good patient!  I hate this down time and  I woke up several times with my knee throbbing. However, I'm happy to report that this morning, it certainly feel better. Probably because it isn't so swollen. Poor Lexi is in a state because she hasn't had a walk yet this morning.  She is not happy!  So she had time to blog!

But I'm off to the clinic for X-rays and ultrasound and then we shall see what the problem is. The sooner we know the problem, the sooner we can fix it.

I did get a bit of quilting done in the last couple of days.  Small things so I wasn't standing very long.  Actually standing doesn't hurt - I like standing. It's when I sit and then stand - that hurts!

Table runer - DONE!

Four placemats - DONE
 NO - these do not belong to the same customer!


On that note, I think I'm going to have a low key day - that's going to be hard but I'm going to try.  Mostly I just want them to tell me that this problem will be fixed soon!!!!

Have a great day!!!!

Ciao!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment