Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Now where's that knife?

I had a busy and very productive day.  First off to the clinic for the ultrasound and X-rays. They took a LOT of pictures, but when I asked if they could see anything, I was told "the results will be sent to your doctor".  When I asked if they could at least see the problem, but not to identify it, I was told "the results will be sent to your doctor."   And when I asked how long that would take - 2 to 4 business days.  I guess ICE and putting the leg up will be in order for the remainder of the week. 

Now that the swelling has gone down, the knee does feel better, not perfect, but better. 

Between breaks on the computer when I could put my leg up and the sewing machine where I had my leg sort of propped up, I accomplished a LOT.  

At one point in the day, I needed to find my electric knife. Not for anything closely related to the kitchen. Heck, the knife doesn't even reside in the kitchen. But I use it so infrequently, when I realised that I needed it, I wondered where it could be. 

Then a very remote part of my brain said "the knife is in the storage closet".  Doubting myself, but thought I would try the storage closet first and VOILA - there was the knife!!! 




The electric knife

Now this brings up a very important point which I must remember to say in my lecture this evening.  The first location you place an item in your studio or house is the ONLY place you will remember where it is.  Well for the most part.  It really pays to try and find a home for something new from the beginning.  

Many times, I've gone back to the original place I put something only to find that I've moved it because it hadn't gone into its' permanent home.

On that note, I've got a crazy busy day.

Have a great day!

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I do hope you will get your results soon and can find a solution to your knee problems. And I hope the fact that you went looking for your knife isn't related to that problem! Keeping you in my prayers today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Lorna - I never even thought about the knife and my knee!!! Nope the knife is for something completely unrelated to home surgery! At least on flesh! Elaine

      Delete