Sunday, September 11, 2016

Emotions


Sorry - I really really tried to write a blog post this morning but I can't.

I have just watched a video remembering that terrible day in 2011. Last night, I watched a video of the excuses that people give for texting/Facbeook/Instagram/Snapchat in their car. And to top it all off, a friend has been diagnosed with ALS.  While I don't know this person that well, we have become friends on Facebook and share some common interests.  I cried when I wrote him a note back after he explained his situation and I'm crying now as I think about how his life will change.

There is so much senseless violence in this world. There are so many stupid people who think it is OK for them to drive distracted and don't care or even think about the consequences and then great people's lives get ripped apart with diseases that have no cure.

It just makes no sense to me and on days like this, I want to crawl into a hole and never come out.

There is a link to the 9/11 video above - it is very emotional, but we cannot forget what happened. We need to do what we can to stop the violence. Violence because someone thinks they are superior to others (for whatever reasons - political, racial, spiritual) and it has to stop!

Please please - there is so much violence and disease out there, much of it we (as individuals) cannot directly control. But let's not forget the story of the starfish on the beach. But we can control how we drive a car - please put down the phone!  Just because you are bored, doesn't make it right to play with your phone!  Seriously - that was one of the excuses - I'm bored so I text people when I drive.  That person should NOT be behind the wheel of the car.

OK - I'm going to step out of here. I'll be back tomorrow with a happier topic.

Have a good day!

Ciao!






No comments:

Post a Comment