Sunday, October 23, 2022

Salon Quebec -- the final day

It's now the last day of the Salon Quebec show, and I've managed to get out and see about 1/3 of the quilts. As mentioned, my job here is to help customers; if there is time, I'll check out the vendors. But that's not my priority - although I'll be stopping by the Wonderfil booth this morning and doing some serious damage. Wait until you see what I'm getting!! I might need another suitcase!

Here are a couple of other quilts that I got pictures of. 

This is pretty cool and very scrappy --- right up my alley. And I love the colors, which are the same as my Tula Pink Butterfly quilt. 

Scrappy pink and green!



The label 

There were lots of BIG quilts; as I mentioned the other day, 21 were quilted by hand. FORTY-TWO were quilted on domestic machines! That's incredible, and 57 were quilted on a long arm. There are a lot of large quilts!

Some of the quilts are basic, and others, like this one, are out of this world. 

Stunning applique quilt


The label

Helen Anne would be asking for my detail shot, and I took some but didn't load them. 

Although I'm not a fan of the big white spaces, this quilt was stunning.

Another gorgeous applique quilt


But look at the label to see how long it took to make each border. Now that's dedication!

The label

Lots of great inspiration, and after several discussions with my colleagues, my head is about to burst. I need to sit down and make a list of what I would like to achieve and then JUST DO IT!
Time -- I need more time! Actually, I do pretty well with my time, so I can't complain. I'll be home REALLY late tonight, but then I can get an early start to the day tomorrow and get back into the routine. 

I will be in Acton to help with the new store opening events. That's on Wednesday and Thursday. The store is called Sew Productive, so if you are in the area, this is a good time to get out and support this new venture! Melinda would be thrilled to see you. And I'm doing some lectures/demos on Thursday. 

These are IN-PERSON events, so if you've been cooped up too long, it's a great chance to get out and meet other like-minded people, you get to see samples IN PERSON, and you can touch them. If you've got questions, it's a great place to get answers!!! And it's FREE!!!

Quilting 101



In the afternoon, I"ll be doing an Intro to Embroidery with all kinds of tips to make you a better embroidered, and you can ask questions!!!! 






Best of all -- the events are FREE, but you need to register!!!


So this happened in front of our booth yesterday. There are seven quilters in the Youth category. And they were all present in the afternoon. They were each presented with a Janome sewing machine. I have to say that it's so refreshing to see these young quilters, and one of them was male. Are we allowed to say that? The workmanship was pretty amazing, and I hope we see more of their work at the next show. 

The Youth quilters


So I had company on my walk the last two mornings and snapped this photo!! The sun was out, and it was a glorious day, but we were off to work shortly after these pictures were taken. 


I've got company!

The view


We have lots of help to help us pack up those sewing machines, so if each of us does three machines? We'll be out of there in no time. But then table cloths to fold, samples to pack -- it's so much fun!!! But it shouldn't take long, and then I'm off to the airport to catch my flight. I will have luggage on the way home as I'm bringing my suitcase of samples home. I need it for Wednesday, so let's hope it makes it safely!

OH -- I got to see Nancy for a bit while I was at lunch, but no pictures, and I've seen others as well and made new friends. It's been a great show, but I'll be happy when 6 PM comes around!!!



On that note, I'm out of here!


Have a super day!!!

Ciao!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment