Friday, November 10, 2023

The "shopping" spree

 Wow -- it's Day Two of the retreat, but I've barely done anything!

It was the first day of my events introducing the new products for Husqvarna Viking. The biggest one is the Designer EPIC 3. I need to tweak the presentation a wee bit as I went over by 20 minutes! But -- there were a lot of questions, and I'm OK with that!

The weather looked horrible in the morning, but the temperature was amazing, and I went for a 1 1/2 walk! That isn't going to happen today! It was warm, and I was ready to remove my bright orange jacket, but it is hunting season, so that orange jacket stayed on! I did not hear a single shot, so hopefully, the deer were hiding. 

I made a quick trip home to drop off the stuff I had already finished with and to "shop" in Studio B to pick up the stuff I missed, like the power cord. And there it was, sitting on the table - unplugged, but I had gotten no further than that. I also got glue, tape, paper, scissors, and many other things that I could use to finish the Sweet Tea and Green Beans quilt!

I also stopped at Tim's, which took forever, putting me behind! 

However, I arrived at Hamilton Sewing and got set up! We had a great session introducing the features of the new sewing and embroidery machine! 

Back at the house, we sat around and chatted until late, and then I got up this morning and repacked my suitcase because it was a mess after the event. I'm at K&A in Ingersol today with two more events to introduce the DESIGNER EPIC 3 and other new things! 

I'm trying to work on a sample this morning, but I'm not making much progress! I have two more seams to sew, and then I'll be ready. 

I have to confess that I'm a table hog! The arrival time of some of the retreat quilters is staggered, and I'm taking full advantage of that! I've commandeered TWO tables to lay out all my stuff, and I'm OK with that! 

I'm working on my UFO as well, and that requires some trimming of a braid. I'll take a picture later. This project has been in the cupboard forever, and I hope to finish it this week! 


I had to laugh as I was chatting to someone this morning, and I glanced at the table in front of me. WAIT A MINUTE!!! How many pairs of scissors does one person need? I shall not name them to protect their innocence! But that's a lot of scissors and a pair of snips on the sewing machine!

A scissor for every job!


Sorry -- this will be short and only one picture because it was a crazy day! When I was home to pick up stuff, I felt like I was on one of those timed shopping shows. I had a list, ran around with a bag in my hand, collected all the stuff, sent an email to a group distribution list, and then threw it all in the car and was gone in 10 minutes! Of course, Murphy was trying to help, which wasn't helpful since I had to walk around her numerous times. 

Here's an interesting article on using vintage sheets in quilting. It looks pretty interesting and might be a fun thing to do. But I don't have any of those kinds of sheets, and I haven't looked at the thrift shop. Hmm -- something else to put on my mental thrift shop search!

On that note, I'm out of here!


Have a super day!!

Ciao!!!



4 comments:

  1. The link goes to the shop class schedule???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good grief -- that's what happens when you try to "multitask". I added a link, but obviously NOT the right one. It's been fixed.

      Delete
  2. As Elle says, the link does not go to anything I could find on vintage sheets. However, I googled it and holy cow. There are many, many articles and posts for using vintage sheets in quilting. I guess it's a thing. However, my local thrift shops are not as good as some in larger locations. And....I do not need another thing to start collecting. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL --- me too -- I do NOT need another project. The link came in an e-mail and it was a "pretty" quilt. Not sure if I like it, but it's pretty!! But YES -- it's a big thing. I don't think my thrift store carries that kind of stuff either, but I might be on the lookout for them.

      Delete