Saturday, May 19, 2012

Elm Creek reveal - May


After months and months of struggle and learning new techniques, we have had our LAST reveal of the Elm Creek Blocks. There will be one final reveal of the FINISHED projcts. That happens later this year - have to give time for people to get their blocks done and get the tops together (and maybe quilted????)

It is going to be a VERY EXCITING DAY. Might even open up that reveal to anyone who wants to come - I think you will have a great time - besides it is going to be at my house!!!!   What more fun could you want!!!


OK - so here are the last blocks.........................

And I need to take a lesson from Tish - look what she accomplished this past month..................


Eight blocks

PLUS Eight more blocks

AND ANOTHER six blocks - very impessive Tish!!!!!

Ruth who has done so amazingly well considering she was just going to make a FEW blocks. She is hovering around 100

Lois who is almost done all 140 blocks!!!!!

Marianne who has spent a gret deal of time fussy cutting - love it and she is getting up there with her numbers as well

Celia who is very close to completing all 140 blocks

Here is Celia's top that she is starting to sew together

Judy's top that she is starting to sew together


Like I said - it is going to be a VERY interesting reveal considering we are all working from the same pattern. But the number of blocks, the choice of fabric and how they are going together will make them all UNIQUE!!!!!!


And yes - I did manage to get that customer quilt done. Yeah!!!!


Customer quilt - yes - another BIG one


Then I almost completed my list of critical things to do, so I created another one. It really does help to get some focus - don't know what to do - check the list. I really really really need to keep up with that list. I feel guilty if I do something that isn't on the list. So get the ICKY things off the list - then I can do what I want!!!!
Simple logic!!!!!


Speaking of logic - too bad our hospitals don't work on logic. Yesterday was the day I was scheduled to meet the surgeon about that torn ligament???   in my knee. I know - it happened in July 2011 - and now it is almost a year later!!!!   I was tempted to cancel cause I know I am NOT going to need surgery - yeah!!!   but I thought I might learn something about the process for future. Maybe I am crazy??????  

Appointment is at 2:10. I arrive at the hospital a bit early. When you enter on the side I did - you are on the 2nd floor. The Ambulatory Care department is on the 3rd floor. OK - follow the signs - yep - that was easy. When I arrive at the area - there are a TON of waiting areas. If I were to follow the signs - I go to "J". But I have an appointment and is that really where I want to be?????   I hate to get somewhere and then wait for NOTHING. I ask (I am sure those ladies at the front are SICK and TIRED of people asking - which is why there were signs!!!!)

I head back to waiting area "J". There is ANOTHER sign that says - we have a new procedure - you must register as a patient and then hand in your paperwork. Really?????   I have an apppointment!!!  Have you ever noticed that hospital staff NEVER make eye contact - they do NOT want to answer your questions. But I was persistent and waited to ask if I had to register even though I had an appointment. YES was the answer. I overheard them talking about a doctor being stuck in surgery and let's just tuck that thought in the back of our brains!!!!   When the appointment was booked - there was NO MENTION of registering - I know cause I WROTE all the details on my small note that I have been safe guarding for months.

OK - so now I have to go to the FIRST floor to patient registration. I wasn't sure how to get there, so back to the second floor where there is information. I get directions and into the elevator and VOILA there is patient registration. I walk up and say I have an appointment at 2:10. OH - with Dr. N?  Yes - well he is stuck in surgery and we have to reschedule. OK - so then the patient registration lady gets on the phone with the NURSE I was JUST speaking to on the 3rd floor and reschedules for the following week.

I couldn't get mad - the situation was RIDICULOUS!!!!!!   I just laughed - how stupid. And how much time of everyone's was wasted with that procedure??????   I am sure somewhere some consultant is laughing because he is making a LOT of money with ridiculous suggestions about how the hospital gets arranged and how the procedures are set up, but it was STUPID STUPID STUPID.

No big deal - so now I have another week to contemplate cancelling the appointment altogether or going to see what he will say. After all - he just wants something to cut into and he isn't going to cut into me so what else can he tell me??????  

Well I see I have some "spare" time before I have to go to class this morning. Perhaps I will go and get my gardening tasks out of the way BEFORE the temperature gets too hot.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I signed up for Elm Creek this year to keep motivated....not working so well! Guess I will have to put at the top of list....after I get the May committments out of the way! Jellyroll challenge done except for binding, President's challenge, started, birthday blocks, fabric selected. Where does the time go?

    Maryv

    ReplyDelete