Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Girls just wanna have fun!!!!

A few WHIRLWIND days and no time for blogging.

A rare Saturday with NO CLASSES. So instead I went to not ONE, but TWO quilt shows. Took tons of pictures - no time this morning to cull a few out. But WOW - amazing work. Inspiration is coming out in full force, but no time to make anything new so those ideas will have to wait.

I did visit the vendors at both shows and I did NOT buy much. No time and just do NOT need anything.

Sunday was the Goodlife Marathon in Toronto. WHAT A LONG LONG day. Got down town a bit late and immediately hopped in my truck - by myself. Made my five deliveries. Then up to the north end of the city where we followed the runners down and basically cleaned up after them. Well we mostly picked up the tables and other stuff that we had dropped off.

Oh dear - my MOTHER instincts kicked in at one of the stops. There were a LOT of teens hanging around - the runners were gone and there was GARBAGE spread out for several hundred meters. Teens today seem to have NO IDEA that garbage needs to be picked up and put in a garbage bag. Needless to say - I am sure they were NOT happy when I arrived. I ran around handing out garbage bags and YELLING at them. OK - I yelled AFTER I asked SEVERAL TIMES. Our crew went with the rakes and within 15 minutes we were cleaned up. NO INITIATIVE!!!!!!     Drives me crazy!!!!   I don't think they had an adult with them either.

And I had to laugh because when we were at another station, someone said to me "Oh you look like a person in charge!!!!"    How the HECK does that happen????   Do I have a sign on my forehead that says "I AM A SUCKER FOR TAKING ON RESPONSIBILITY"???????   Anyway - we got the job done.

I left the grounds at 6 PM. Went home - had a shower cause we were GROSS and then CRASHED.

Although yesterday was Monday, we did NOT have Monday Motivators. We went to the funeral for Karen's husband. There were a LOT of people at the funeral and there had been loads more at the visitation. The service was very nice and the priest said some wonderful things about Jim. He was an altar boy at that church, he was MARRIED in that church - 48 years ago. It is VERY RARE these days that someone is raised and grows up and dies in the same community. That and the fact that he died young (he was 69) sure makes you think about what you spend your time on and what SHOULD be important. I know I could use a lesson or two some days.

I know - you are thinking - OK - so where are the girls and what did they do for fun??????


M and her friend Caroline went downtown on Saturday to a fashion/model show. My job was to pick them up. On the way home, I gave Caroline the camera to take a picture of some guys on the side of the road who were getting dressed in SUPER HERO costumes. Well - let's just say that we did NOT get a picture of the super heroes, but I got these instead....................


A self portrait

Nice tonsils Caroline!!!

M - look at me - I'm a model

Cute Caroline!!!!!
 They did manage to get a nice picture of the lake
Lake Ontario

See - those were were the barriers for the marathon - the next day



Well - I got more pictures from all those days, but I have to run. People coming today and I NEED to pass the vaccuum.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment