Thursday, May 31, 2012

We didn't know what city we were in, but we were NOT lost!


The weather has sure taken a turn - we go from HOT HOT HOT to COOL COOL COOL in a day. Crazy - and I see tomorrow we are going to have rain. DRAT because M is going to the lake for the weekend. Oh well - I am sure they will find stuff to do inside.

I got out on my bike yesterday AM for 40 K. While I am getting stronger and had no problem pedaling into the wind for the first 20 K and had a GREAT tail wind for the return trip, I need to eat better!!!!  My poor body is tired at the end - well not at the end of the ride, but at the end of the day.

Do you realize the big Ride to Conquer Cancer is in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS. I know - am I ready????   Well as ready as I will ever be - just going to have to suck it up and ride. No choice - I will NOT ride the sag wagon unless I have MAJOR issues.

So yesterday was a mother/daughter day. Yes - I let my kid skip school in the afternoon and we went on a road trip. Yeah - but where did we go and why????   Well it is prom season and while it is NOT her prom - she is going and needs a dress. She was going to rent one, but after yesterday I hope she realizes how foolish that is. You cannot pick a dress or the size from a catalogue.

We headed down the highway - I am NOT that familiar with the shopping places in the US, but we were armed with iPads and cell phones which we used BEFORE we hit the border and then shut everything down. We had a GPS and our creativity and our flexibility.

I have never taken the Peace Bridge before, but we went that way and before we knew it - we had arrived at the Walden Galeria. She tried on MANY dresses - MANY colours and found one she liked. Then we checked out a couple of other stores, but didn't find anything that was as nice as the first place. So we went back and bought that dress. I'll post pictures when she is headed out to the prom. Let's just say that she will never wear this dress again (thank god it wasn't that much), but she had to SQUEEZE her body into it. Oh no Mom - it fits just fine. Yeah right!!!!!     Who am I to talk - I am just the MOM.

Then we wanted to find a Barnes and Noble, but I was completely turned around by going this way and so we had the GPS direct us to the next Barnes and Noble - oh dear a toll highway which cost us 15 cents both ways - we got on at the end and off at the first exit. On the way there we were going to check for a Joann's and wait a minute - there is one right there - so we hit all the stores we wanted and then headed home the same way. However we had NO CLUE as what city we were in at all. Obviously we started in Buffalo, but after that? - NO CLUE.

I asked M to get a couple of pictures and never let a teen take pictures. While she takes good pictures - I get LOTS of the same thing. The rationale? - then I have lots to choose from!!!!!


Coming up to the Peace Bridge

The Peace Bridge

The SIGN to the Peace Bridge (and I got MULTIPLES of all of these)

Crossing the Peace Bridge

AH - ONE MORE TURN to the Peace Bridge

The Border Crossing


It was a GREAT day, but I was VERY tired on the drive home. Went to bed early!!!!!


OH BOY - I wish I was in Salt Spring this coming June. Have a look at this................


CYCLING HEAVEN



On the weekend of June 21 - 23, Salt Spring Island is being turned into a BIKE HEAVEN. Bike displays, cycling everywhere and the FIRST EVER ferry that is ONLY for bikes from Schwartz Bay to Salt Spring. How cool is that!!!!!!    I wish I was closer - I would love to participate. Oh well - not going to happen.


Oh - I will go back and post the names of those "word play" entries from the guild challenge in case there were a couple that you didn't get.


And I am out of here - got lots to do today.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

No comments:

Post a Comment