Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Farmer's Wife - April Reveal


It was so NICE to get up this morning and be able to work on WHATEVER I wanted. OK - what I chose to work on still has a deadline, but the deadline isn't TOMORROW. But I must keep up or I will be rushing and I really don't want to do that.

Back to the weekend and the reveals. Let's start with the Hobo Quilt......................


Hobo Quilts Book by Debra G. Henninger


Liz' blocks

She is embroidering the name of each block on the sashing. TWO different colours of sashings. It is going to be awesome.



And then we move onto Farmer's Wife......................


Farmer's Wife book by Laurie Aaron Hird
They had a LOT of homework this past month - a total of SEVENTEEN blocks, but the blocks are fairly simple...................



Barb - part 1

Barb - part 2

Diane - part 1

Diane - part 2

Corinne - Part 1

Corinne - part 2

Sharon - part 1

Sharonn - part 2

Donna - part 1

Donna - part 2


We had a couple of people who did not make it to the class, nor were they able to get pictures to me. Hopefully we can play catch up next month.


A great day at Monday Motivators - again nice and relaxed. Robbie and I had a great time playing - so nice to play with the baby and then give him back to Mom to take home. He is rolling around the floor like a crazy baby, but oh so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I'll get back to taking pictures next week. I got to spend a leisurely day working on some of my monthly $10 quilts. Yeah - actually making good progress.


Well - I must run as I have a list of things a mile long that I would like to accomplish today, but I will only get one or two done and that is OK.

Life is JUST WAY TOO SHORT to mess around complaining and whining about what could be or what cards you have been dealt. On Sunday evening a friend's husband fell down the basement stairs (we don't know why yet). He was knocked unconscious and was likely without oxygen for a LENGTHY number of minutes. He was whisked to the hospital where they treated him with hypothermia induction (to try and delay or ward off damage to the brain). They are taking him out of that today and then will be able to assess damage if any. You just DO NOT know what is going to happen.

You MUST MUST MUST enjoy each minute of every day - it may be your last that you can enjoy.


On that note -I am going to do something that I enjoy - quilting a couple of quilts and sewing. (Plus the fact that I was excited to get up this morning - it's going to be a good day) unlike yesterday when I slept in because my STUPID STUPID phone wasn't getting service and I use it as an alarm. Back to Bell and got the loaner switched over to my old phone. Yeah - I now have 1 1/2 years with this crappy old phone before I qualify for an upgrade. AH - a lesson to be learned of what happens when you do NOT take care of ones possessions!!!!!    Could be worse - I could have gotten rid of my old phone - then I would be COMPLAINING and perhaps panhandling in the streets to get money to buy a new one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. At the Creative Sewing Festival,I had a nice chat with Carla from the magazine, A Needle Pulling Thread. She explained your stunning quilt-simple, elegant, priceless!
    As suggested, I mentioned no more deadlines!

    ReplyDelete